Subject: [Cellar] MKVToolNix v29.0.0 released

From: Moritz Bunkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2018 13:17:33 +0100

Hey,

it's time for MKVToolNix v29.0.0 which fixes a couple of bugs and adds
one or two new features.

There were two important changes for package managers regarding
library dependencies. Please see the NEWS below for details.

Here are the usual links:

…to the source code: https://mkvtoolnix.download/source.html
…to the binaries: https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html

The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are
available already. The other Linux binaries are still being built and
will be available of the course of the next couple of hours.

Here are the NEWS since the previous release:

------------------------------------------------------------
# Version 29.0.0 "Like It Or Not" 2018-12-01

## Important notes

* The string formatting library used was switched from `boost::format` to
  [`fmt`](http://fmtlib.net/). See the section "Build system changes" for
  details.

## New features and enhancements

* MKVToolNix GUI: added an option in the preferences for disabling automatic
  scaling for high DPI displays. Implements #2415.
* MKVToolNix GUI: the GUI will now prevent the system from going to sleep
  while the job queue is running. This feature is implemented for macOS,
  Windows and Linux/Unix systems where the `org.freedesktop.login1.Manager`
  D-Bus interface is available. Implements #2411.

## Bug fixes

* mkvmerge: chapter generation: the start timestamps of chapters generated in
  intervals was wrong for files whose smallest video timestamp was bigger than
  0. Fixes #2432.
* mkvmerge: MP4 reader: fixed handling of atoms whose size exceeds the parent
  atom's size. Fixes #2431.
* mkvmerge, MKVToolNix GUI's chapter editor: the chapter name template will
  now also be used when reading Ogg-style chapter files with empty chapter
  names. Fixes #2441.
* mkvextract: AAC: mkvextract will now write the program config element (PCE)
  before the first AAC raw data packet if the PCE is present in the
  `AudioSpecificConfig` structure in the `Codec Private` Matroska element. The
  PCE carries vital information about the number of channels and is required
  in certain cases. Fixes #2205 and #2433.
* mkvpropedit, MKVToolNix GUI's header editor: in situations when a one-byte
  space must be covered by a new EBML void element the following element must
  be moved up instead. If that moved element is a cluster, the corresponding
  cue entries will now be updated to reflect the cluster's new position. Fixes
  #2408.
* MKVToolNix GUI: Windows: the application manifest is now included properly
  so that Windows actually recognizes it. See #2415.

## Build system changes

* Qt's D-Bus implementation is now required for building on systems other than
  macOS and Windows,
* The `boost::format` library is not used anymore.
* The [`fmt` library](http://fmtlib.net/) is now required. Versions 3 and
  newer are supported. As not all Linux distributions include packages for the
  library, its release 5.2.1 comes bundled with MKVToolNix. The `configure`
  script will check for a system version of the library and use it if present
  and recent enough. Otherwise it will fall back to the bundled version and
  link that statically.
------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun :)

mosu