Subject: [Cellar] Proposed Agenda for 27 April 2021 virtual meeting

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 16:35:15 -0500

CELLAR -- DRAFT AGENDA for Virtual Interim Meeting
April 27, 2021      21:00 Amsterdam  ***
                       20:00 UTC
                       16:00 NYC
                       13:00 San Francisco
(*** Time is anchored to Amsterdam)

INFO:
   https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/chair-notes/tree/master/interim-2021-04
   (*** Note that we're now pointing to the Github repo for chair notes
here***)

WEB CONFERENCE:

   https://whereby.com/cellar-interim

   THERE IS NO TELEPHONE DIALIN (You can try connecting to the whereby.com
link at any time.)

   Attendees
   * Spencer Dawkins
   *

1.  Note Well.  https://www.ietf.org/about/note-well/

2.  Accept draft minutes from previous meeting (attached below)

3.  Logistics for Meeting.
   3a) Shared COMIMD for notetaking:
       https://codimd.ietf.org/notes-cellar-virtual
       * Note that if you log in to the IETF datatracker, you'll
       be able to edit these notes, add your name to attendee
       lists, etc. *

       Please ask Spencer if you have questions.

   3b) APPEAR.IN is now called "whereby.com"

       https://whereby.com/cellar-interim

   3c) Roll call

4.  WG status update

   * draft-ietf-cellar-codec-06 was posted 2021-04-12, in ID Exists
   * draft-ietf-cellar-ffv1-20 was posted 2021-02-23, is now in RFC Editor
Queue
   * draft-ietf-cellar-ffv1-v4-16 was posted 2020-12-01, in ID Exists
   * draft-ietf-cellar-matroska-07 was posted 2021-04-12, in ID Exists
   * draft-ietf-cellar-tags-06 was posted 2021-04-12, in ID Exists
   * draft-ietf-cellar-flac-00 was posted 2019-07-30, has Expired (and we
still don't have an editor, correct?)

5.  Milestone review:
   * Matroska maybe at the end of Summer 2021? It's closer than we thought
   * "Matroska" includes -codec and -tags, correct? Spencer has updated
this in the datatracker.
   * FLAC just needs an editor to complete the work.
   * FFV1-v4 requires more research, and it is unclear when we will know
what a realistic goal date is.

5.  2021 virtual interim meeting dates

   * Please note our 2021 dates listed at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/cellar/meetings/
   * IETF 111 in July will definitely be virtual (announced last week).
   * Sometime around 2021-09-28, we’ll see if we want to meet at IETF 112
on November 6-12, 2021, in person in Madrid.

6.  From the mailing list: From Steve, on EBML errata
   * we have 2 merged changes and 2 pending changes
   * What needs to happen next?

7.  From the mailing list: From Steve, on Matroska #495 section reordering
   * Steve volunteered to rebuild the txt/html files and send before/after
to the mailing list
   * Do we need to do anything else?

ACTION: mcr to have two other normative references in FFv1 changed to
informative.

8.   FFV1 v4 issues
    *

9.  Matroska issues
   *

10. FLAC issues
   * Michael has reached out to Florin to see about his interest in helping
with this document, but we don't have an answer from him.
       * no response to email Feb. 23.

ACTION: Dave will repost flac document with new version number.

AOB?

    NEXT MEETING May 25, 2021.

Notes from previous meeting for approval

CELLAR -- DRAFT AGENDA for Virtual Interim Meeting
March 23, 2021      21:00 Amsterdam  ***
                       20:00 UTC
                       16:00 NYC
                       13:00 San Francisco
(*** Time is anchored to Amsterdam)

INFO:
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/agenda-interim-2021-cellar-03-cellar-01/

WEB CONFERENCE:

   https://whereby.com/cellar-interim

   THERE IS NO TELEPHONE DIALIN (You can try this at any time.)

   These notes at: https://github.com/cellar-wg/chair-notes

   Attendees
   * Spencer Dawkins
   * Michael Richardson
   * Martin Below
   * Jérôme Martinez
   * Dave Rice
   *

1.  Note Well.  https://www.ietf.org/about/note-well/
2.  Accept draft minutes from January 26 meeting (attached below)

3.  Logistics for Meeting.
   3a) Shared COMIMD for notetaking:
       https://codimd.ietf.org/notes-cellar-virtual
       * Note that if you log in to the IETF datatracker, you'll
       be able to edit these notes, add your name to attendee
       lists, etc. *

       Please ask Spencer if you have questions.

   3b) APPEAR.IN is now called "whereby.com"

       https://whereby.com/cellar-interim

   3c) Roll call

4.  WG status update

   * draft-ietf-cellar-codec-05 was posted 2020-10-19, in ID Exists
   * draft-ietf-cellar-ffv1-20 was posted 2020-12-01, was approved before
IETF 110, is now in RFC Editor Queue
   * draft-ietf-cellar-ffv1-v4-16 was posted 2020-12-01, in ID Exists
   * draft-ietf-cellar-matroska-06 was posted 2020-10-19, in ID Exists
   * draft-ietf-cellar-tags-05 was posted 2020-10-19, in ID Exists
   * FLAC specification has not been posted to the datatracker yet

   * We agreed at the December 2020 meeting that we would have a focused
conversation about FFV1 v4 in our February meeting, and noted then that the
April 2021 date is not realistic. At this point, NONE of our existing dates
are realistic. We'll discuss on this call.

   * Milestone review:  Matroska maybe at the end of Summer 2021? It's
closer than we thought
   * FLAC just needs an editor to complete the work.
   * FFV1-v4 requires more research, and it is unclear when we will know
what a realistic goal date is.

5.  2021 virtual interim meeting dates

   * Please note that the our 2021 dates listed at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/cellar/meetings/
   * Determination of whether IETF 111 in July will be able to meet in
person, to be made in a month or two.
   * Sometime around 2021-09-28, we’ll see if we want to meet at IETF 112
on November 6-12, 2021, in person in Madrid.

6.  Celebration of FFV1 approval for publication as RFC, with minor cleanup
   * IESG ballot positions at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cellar-ffv1/ballot/

   * We will have our second RFC "Real Soon Now"
   * We need to pay close attention to normative references, especially if
they are really informative
   * FFV1 doesn't actually have a normative dependency on Matroska - are
any other normative dependencies actually informative? If so, we can ask
that these changes be made during AUTH48, with AD concurrence.
   * RFC Editor has made the change to Matroska (being Informative) with AD
approval, so the draft is not blocked on MISS\*REF (missing normative
reference)

7.  From the mailing list: Normative references that are actually
Informative references
   * Do we have anything else to change, in FFv1?
   * Do we have anything to change in other specifications?

ACTION: mcr to have two other normative references in FFv1 changed to
informative.

8.   FFV1 v4 issues

   * too soon to figure out what are the major differences yet to do in v4.
   * there are still open possibilities in performance without changing the
v3 bitstream format, and those that do not work, will make up the v4
changeset.
   * we can close #240 (as soon as we figure out how)

9.  Matroska issues
   * Discussion on Github issues, especially on chapters

10. FLAC issues
   * Michael has reached out to Florin to see about his interest in helping
with this document, but we don't have an answer from him.
       * no response to email Feb. 23.

ACTION: Dave will repost flac document with new version number.

AOB?

---

From: Moritz Bunkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 19:31:44 +0200

Heyo,

I'm really sorry, but unfortunately I'm still stuck at work dealing with an
emergency at one of our customer's. I'll try my best to get it done
quickly, but please start without me if I'm not present at 21:00 Amsterdam.

Kind regards,
mosu