Subject: [Cellar] NomCom 2021-2022

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 08:29:11 -0400

Please note that the NomCom 2021-2022 Call for Volunteers started today.

Changes to the eligibility conditions in 2020 mean that anyone who has
published two (or more) RFC in the last five years is eligible.
While CELLAR has only one RFC (8794), it is possible that the three authors
have worked on other documents so I mention it now.

> The IETF NomCom appoints people to fill the open slots on the IETF LLC,
> IETF Trust, the IAB, and the IESG.
> Ten voting members for the NomCom are selected in a verifiably random
> way from a pool of volunteers. The more volunteers, the better chance we
> have of choosing a random yet representative cross section of the IETF
> population.

The call's duration is 4 weeks and ends before 23:59 UTC on Wednesday June
23, 2021. Further details can be found in BCP 10 (RFC 8713) and of course the
announcement email:

> https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/T_WVH96pH-5QVTRqd0yTT1TaPaU/

  Path 3: The person has been a listed author or editor (on the front
	page) of at least two IETF Stream RFCs within the last 5 years prior to
	the day the call for NomCom volunteers is sent to the community. An
	Internet-Draft that has been approved by the IESG and is in the RFC
	Editor queue counts the same as a published RFC, with the relevant date being
	the date the draft was added to the RFC Editor queue.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )
           Sandelman Software Works Inc, Ottawa and Worldwide