Subject: [Cellar] WGLC --- starting a 4-week working group last call on draft-ietf-cellar-matroska

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 12:41:57 -0400

Please forward this message to interested parties and mailing lists.

Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]> wrote:
    > The datatracker says it sent an email about this, but maybe they only send
    > it to chairs and to the draft authors?
(yes, I think it only told us about the status change)

The CELLAR WG has started at 4-week Working Group Last Call for the
ietf-cellar-matroska document.  It immediately, and it ends on 2022-04-22.
Please send comments to the WG mailing list at: [email-masked].

While github issues and pull requests are also welcome, if they are more than
editorial, please bring them up on the mailing list so that we can engage the
widest possible audience.  If you read the document and have no comments on
it, then a post to the ML saying that you read it would be very welcome.

A WGLC is essentially the WG saying that the document is feature complete and
we believe it is ready to publish.

This is the first step for finishing the document. Next steps would be:
  1) review by our Area Director (AD: Murray)
  2) IESG review by other area directors
  3) approval by the IESG, then enters the RFC-editor Q
  4) editing for language/formatting by RFC-editor/RFC-Production-Center,
     ending in the "AUTH48" final proof read by authors.
  -> publication as RFC.
This process could be as fast as two months after WGLC, but realistically it
may be four to six months, a lot of that time just spent waiting to get to
the front of the queue of documents to review.

About the document:
        Title           : Matroska Media Container Format Specifications
        Authors         : Steve Lhomme
                          Moritz Bunkus
                          Dave Rice
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cellar-matroska-09.txt
	Pages           : 200
	Date            : 2022-03-29

Abstract:
   This document defines the Matroska audiovisual container, including
   definitions of its structural elements, as well as its terminology,
   vocabulary, and application.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cellar-matroska/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-cellar-matroska-09.html

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )
           Sandelman Software Works Inc, Ottawa and Worldwide