Subject: [Cfrg] UMAC status?

From: Wei Dai <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 16:51:23 -0400

Does anyone know what happened to the UMAC Internet Draft? Did the authors 
lose interest in turning it into an RFC, or is there a better alternative 
now?
_______________________________________________
Cfrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cfrg

---

From: "David A. Mcgrew" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 11:13:40 -0700

Wei,

I'd contacted some of the authors last year.  I'm not sure that they are
continuing that work, though perhaps you could re-stimulate their interest.
They might appreciate an offer to provide an independent check of test vectors
for some useful set of parameters.

One alternative (not necessarily better) is the tmmh (an mmh variant), a
universal hash, and the universal security transform, a way to use a universal
hash and a PRF to provide confidentiality and message authentication.  These
were specified in drafts last year which have since expired, though they are
still online at

http://www.mindspring.com/~dmcgrew/draft-mcgrew-saag-tmmh-01.txt
http://www.mindspring.com/~dmcgrew/draft-mcgrew-saag-tmmh-02.txt
http://www.mindspring.com/~dmcgrew/draft-mcgrew-saag-ust-01.txt

I've intended to re-submit these drafts into the CFRG, though I've not yet done
so.

David

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Wei
> Dai
> Sent: Monday, September 23, 2002 1:51 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Cfrg] UMAC status?
>
>