Subject: [Cfrg] CFRG meeting at IETF 55

From: "David A. Mcgrew" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 07:29:04 -0700

Hello,

I've requested a slot for CFRG at the upcoming IETF.  This will be our first
physical meeting.  I've asked for either Sunday afternoon (as is often done with
IRTF RGs, to ensure minimal conflicts with WG meetings), or a slot that is not
opposite of a Security Area WG meeting.  (FYI: IRTF RGs are assigned slots after
the IETF WG schedule is finalized.)  More information about the 55th IETF is
online at http://www.ietf.org/meetings/IETF-55.html.  If you are interested in
reserving a time slot at the meeting, please let Ran and I know.  I'll be
putting together an agenda over the next week.

Several people have expressed an interest in writing drafts within CFRG or in
having external work reviewed by CFRG.  I'd like to encourage direct
participation in the RG (e.g. submitting drafts and presenting them at
meetings), especially when the goal is an Informational RFC describing a
cryptographic function.  Of course, we still welcome other sorts of
participation.

CFRG aims to bridge theory and practice, and the IETF venue may not attract as
many of the theorists as we would want.  To keep communication going, I'd like
to ask for a volunteer to keep notes at the CFRG meeting, which we can then post
to the mail list.  Also, those who cannot be present at the physical meeting
should feel free to bring up points of discussion on the list which we can go
over in the meeting.  It might be a good opportunity for questions such as "who
uses this sort of key derivation method?" or "does anyone need this property
from a cipher mode?".

David

_______________________________________________
Cfrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cfrg