Subject: [Cfrg] CFP: Security in Distributed Computing Special Track of PODC 2003

From: "Amir Herzberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 00:02:54 +0300

CALL FOR PAPERS

                   Security in Distributed Computing

                          Special Track of

         Twenty-second Annual ACM SIGACT-SIGOPS Symposium on
                  PRINCIPLES OF DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS

                           13-16 July 2003
                        Boston, Massachusetts

                    http://www.podc.org/podc2003/

Submission deadline January 31, 2003
Acceptance notification April 2, 2003
Camera-ready copy due April 22, 2003

How to submit:
Electronic submissions are encouraged; information on how to to submit
electronically will be available by November 2002 at
    http://www.podc.org/podc2003/cfp.html.
Authors unable to submit electronically should contact the program
chair, Sergio Rajsbaum, by email, [email-masked], to receive
instructions.

Security and Distributed Computing are highly related.  The goal of the
Security in Distributed Computing special track of PODC is to increase
cooperation and interactions between the distributed computing community
and the security and cryptography communities, and to provide a forum
for original research related to security in distributed computing and
systems.  In addition to regular presentations and brief announcements,
we will have three stimulating key note lectures reviewing important,
challenging and controversial issues in security and distributed
computing, by:

      Ross Anderson, U. of Cambridge
      Butler Lampson, Microsoft
      Silvio Micali, MIT

The special track is an integral part of PODC; see
http://www.podc.org/podc2003/ for additional information.

SCOPE of the Security Track:

We are soliciting research contributions on the design, specification,
implementation, application and theory of secure distributed computing.
We welcome submissions on any topic in the intersection of security and
distributed computing, including but not limited to:

 - Secure multiparty and two-party computations
 - Secret sharing and verifiable secret sharing
 - Resiliency to corruptions: distributed, forward and proactive
security
 - Security, privacy and anonymity in the Internet and
     in mobile communication systems
 - Secure/security protocols and distributed algorithms
 - Secure multicast and broadcast
 - Denial of service (clogging) and its prevention
 - Non-repudiation, certification and timestamping protocols
 - Distribution of intellectual property and its (copyright) protection
 - Secure distributed marketplaces, auctions, and gambling
 - Cryptographic protocols, including: authentication, key management,
etc.
 - Secure electronic commerce, banking and payment protocols
 - Security for Peer to Peer computing
 - Secure bandwidth reservation and QOS
 - Distributed access control and trust management
 - Secure mobile agents and mobile code
 - Security for Storage Area Networks

Conference presentations will have two formats: Regular presentations of
approximately 25 minutes accompanied by papers of up to 10 pages in the
proceedings.  This format is intended for contributions reporting on
original research, submitted exclusively to this conference.  Brief
announcements of approximately 10 minutes accompanied by one page
abstracts in the proceedings.  This format is a forum for brief
communications, which may be published in other conferences.  Links to
longer versions expanding the brief announcements will be collected at a
web site.

SUBMISSIONS FORMAT: All electronic submissions must be in postscript or
PDF and capable of being previewed by ghostview.  The cover page should
include (1) title, (2) authors and affiliations, (3) postal and e-mail
address of the contact author, (4) a brief abstract describing the work,
(5) at the bottom of the brief abstract, in boldface, an indication of
non-student or student status, and (6) an indication if this is a
regular presentation or brief announcement.

It is recommended that each submission begin with a succinct statement
of the problem, summary of the main results, and a brief explanation of
their significance, all suitable for a non-specialist.  Technical
development of the work, directed to the specialist, should follow.

A submission for the regular presentation format should be no longer
than 4,500 words (10 pages on letter-size paper using at least 11-point
font).  Additional necessary details may be included in a clearly marked
appendix that will be read at the discretion of the program committee.
A submission for the brief announcement format should be no longer than
3 pages pages on letter-size paper using at least 11-point font.
Authors of accepted brief announcements will have the option of placing
a link to a full version of their work on the conference web site.  If
requested by the authors, an extended abstract that is not selected for
a regular presentation will also be considered for the
brief-announcement format.  Such a request will not affect consideration
of the paper for a regular presentation. Extended abstracts deviating
significantly from these guidelines will be rejected without
consideration of their merits.  Late papers will not be read or
considered.

BEST STUDENT PAPER AWARD: A prize will be given to the best student
paper.  A paper is eligible if at least one author is a full-time
student at the time of submission.  This must be noted on the cover
page.  The program committee may decline to make the award or split it.

Program Committee:
Marcos Aguilera         HP Labs
Lorenzo Alvisi          U. Texas Austin
James Aspnes            Yale U.
Cynthia Dwork           Microsoft Research
Juan Garay              Bell Labs
Vassos Hadzilacos       U. Toronto
Amir Herzberg           Bar-Ilan U.
Markus Jakobsson        RSA
Miroslaw Kutylowski     Wroclaw U. & Signet
Dahlia Malkhi           Hebrew U.
Boaz Patt-Shamir        Tel-Aviv U.
Erez Petrank            Technion
Rajmohan Rajaraman      Northeastern U.
Sergio Rajsbaum, Chair  UNAM
Antony Rowstron         Microsoft Research
Roberto Segala          U. Verona
Amin M. Vahdat          Duke U.

Conference Committee:
Elizabeth Borowsky      Boston Coll.
   General Chair
Soma Chaudhuri          Iowa State U.
   Treasurer
Amir Herzberg           Bar-Ilan U.
   Security-Track Chair
Victor Luchangco        Sun Labs
   Publicity
Mark Moir               Sun Labs
   Local Arrangements
Gil Neiger              Intel Labs
   Webmaster
Sergio Rajsbaum         UNAM
   Program Chair

Steering Committee:
Elizabeth Borowsky      Boston Coll.
Keith Marzullo          U. Calif.-San Diego
Yoram Moses             Technion
Gil Neiger, Chair       Intel Labs
Sergio Rajsbaum         UNAM
Aleta Ricciardi         Valaran Corp.
Nir Shavit              Tel-Aviv U. & Sun Labs

_______________________________________________
Cfrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cfrg