Subject: [Cfrg] NIST Request for Comments on primality testing

From: Elaine Barker <[email-masked]> (by way of Russ Housley <[email-masked]>)
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 19:39:03 -0500

NIST received many comments when Draft FIPS 186-3 was posted for public
comment during the spring of 2006 (see Note above). Several comments
concerned the number of tests required for primality testing. In
response, NIST surveyed the latest literature available on this topic and
is providing alternatives for your consideration (see

http://csrc.nist.gov/CryptoToolkit/tkdigsigs.html). Please provide
comments to [email-masked] by February 23rd, 2007, inserting
“Comments on FIPS 186-3 Primality Testing” in the subject line. NIST is
particularly interested in comments relating to the security of the new
proposal versus the values currently used in Draft FIPS 186-3.

Elaine Barker

National Institute of Standards and Technology

100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8930

Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8930

301-975-2911

_______________________________________________
Cfrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cfrg