Subject: [Cfrg] Ask for comments: draft-kiyomoto-kcipher2-03.txt

From: "Wook Shin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 15:27:20 +0900

Hello all,

We have updated the draft "A Description of KCipher-2 Encryption
Algorithm" reflecting the comments we've got (Thank you all!).
The newest version draft-kiyomoto-kcipher2-03.txt can be found at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kiyomoto-kcipher2/

Here is a summary of the changes in this version:
1. the power operator is changed to #
    to avoid confusion over the power operator and the XOR operator
2. Revised the Step 2 of the function next()
3. Descriptions about a0, ..., a3 are added to Section 2.3.1
    (the second paragraph) and to Section 2.4.4, (from the first
     paragram of the section to the second paragraph of Page 13).
4. Added the source code of the simple implementation of
    KCipher-2 in Appendix B

Also, the source codes were revised to improve the readability:
1. Changed the naming convention for functions. Hopefully,
    now it seems closer to what they use in C codes.
2. Removed the minor format string errors that caused
    warnings.
3. Used uint32_t and uint8_t, instead of unsigned int and
    unsigned char, in order to make the bitwidth be clearer.

Joachim asked about the license for KCipher-2. We have patents
related to KCipher-2 and are trying to make it royalty-free.
Although the final decision (of my company) hasn't been made yet,
I believe it is going to be royalty-free soon (within a couple
of weeks).

Thank you.

Best regards,

Wook