Subject: [Cfrg] minutes from meeting at 87th IETF

From: David McGrew <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 07:19:30 -0400

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/87/minutes/minutes-87-cfrg

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 13:17:44 -0400

The minutes have a formatting issue.

Also, the minutes say:

 1) The CFRG is a research group, supporting a hook for Randomized
 Hashing in future protocols amounts to little more than building in
 a2 octet TLV withe the length set to zero.  If at some future time RH
 becomes necessary, the TLV, now with non-zero length, would support a
 rapid transition to Randomized Hashing.

We looked at this for PKIX and S/MIME, and it is not that simple.
When the hash is used as part of a signature scheme, the random
value needs to be carried as a parameter to the signature algorithm.

Russ

On Aug 28, 2013, at 7:19 AM, David McGrew wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Cfrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/cfrg