Subject: [Cfrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-cfrg-xmss-hash-based-signatures-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 03:54:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Crypto Forum of the IETF.

        Title           : XMSS: Extended Hash-Based Signatures
        Authors         : Andreas Huelsing
                          Denis Butin
                          Stefan-Lukas Gazdag
                          Aziz Mohaisen
	Filename        : draft-irtf-cfrg-xmss-hash-based-signatures-03.txt
	Pages           : 56
	Date            : 2016-02-15

Abstract:
   This note describes the eXtended Merkle Signature Scheme (XMSS), a
   hash-based digital signature system.  It follows existing
   descriptions in scientific literature.  The note specifies the WOTS+
   one-time signature scheme, a single-tree (XMSS) and a multi-tree
   variant (XMSS^MT) of XMSS.  Both variants use WOTS+ as a main
   building block.  XMSS provides cryptographic digital signatures
   without relying on the conjectured hardness of mathematical problems.
   Instead, it is proven that it only relies on the properties of
   cryptographic hash functions.  XMSS provides strong security
   guarantees and, besides some special instantiations, is even secure
   when the collision resistance of the underlying hash function is
   broken.  It is suitable for compact implementations, relatively
   simple to implement, and naturally resists side-channel attacks.
   Unlike most other signature systems, hash-based signatures withstand
   attacks using quantum computers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-cfrg-xmss-hash-based-signatures/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-cfrg-xmss-hash-based-signatures-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-cfrg-xmss-hash-based-signatures-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/