Subject: [Cfrg] RFC 8439 on ChaCha20 and Poly1305 for IETF Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 23:12:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8439

        Title:      ChaCha20 and Poly1305 for IETF Protocols 
        Author:     Y. Nir,
                    A. Langley
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       June 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      46
        Characters: 88847
        Obsoletes:  RFC 7539

        I-D Tag:    draft-nir-cfrg-rfc7539bis-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8439

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8439

This document defines the ChaCha20 stream cipher as well as the use
of the Poly1305 authenticator, both as stand-alone algorithms and as
a "combined mode", or Authenticated Encryption with Associated Data
(AEAD) algorithm.

RFC 7539, the predecessor of this document, was meant to serve as a
stable reference and an implementation guide.  It was a product of
the Crypto Forum Research Group (CFRG).  This document merges the
errata filed against RFC 7539 and adds a little text to the Security
Considerations section.

This document is a product of the Crypto Forum Research Group of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
  https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC