Subject: [Cfrg] JUDSYS - New digital signature standard

From: G Queiroz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 13:19:43 -0300

Hi,

I had some ideas for a digital signature standard for common people to use
on a daily on office and business environments.

It is not based on X.509 nor JWS, even though it uses JSON. The algorithms
have not been selected but I want a set as small as possible to make it
easier to implement and I would also like to use only quantum resistant
ones.

This project started as result of my difficulties implementing a GUI and a
library for CAdES according to ICP-Brasil rules (Brazi's PKI).

I would like to hear of thoughts and opinions on my draft and on problems
with digital signatures in general (so I can avoid repeating known
headaches).

Draft (HTML): judsys.github.io/specs/draft-judsys1-02.html
Main open questions: judsys.github.io/en/open_questions
Project website: judsys.github.io/en

Inevitably someone will show this comic: xkcd.com/927. In my defense, I am
not trying to create some universal/meta-standard for digital signatures. I
am trying to make a simple standard meant only for ordinary people in
office and business settings.

Yours,
G. Queiroz