Subject: [CGA-EXT] PKI agility support in SEND

From: Tony Cheneau <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 17:47:56 +0100 (CET)

Hello CSI people,

We (Michaela, Sean, Maryline and myself) are currently working on the PKI 
agility for SEND. This will offer, for example, support of ECC based CGA 
(see draft draft-shen-csi-ecc-01) to SEND. Our work is primarily focused 
on a negotiation algorithm for nodes supporting different PKI algorithms. 
We introduce a new ICMP error message called "ICMP Unsupported PKI" and an 
option to this ICMP message called "supported PKI option". This addition 
allows use to have a basic negotiation mechanism that permit 
interoperability in most cases.

For scenario where nodes aren't sharing any common PKI algorithm, we then 
introduce a new optional entity called "notary" (functionality assumed by 
the router for now).

This all will be part of work that Sean will present next Wednesday during
the CSI meeting.

With this mail, you will have an email attachment that contains more 
details on the basic ideas to permit PKI agility.

Thanks you in advance for all your review and comments.

Best regards,
         Tony Cheneau

_______________________________________________
CGA-EXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cga-ext