Subject: [CGA-EXT] Version -01 of draft-cheneau-send-sig-agility-01 and draft-cheneau-cga-pk-agility-01

From: Tony Cheneau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 09:47:57 +0200 (CEST)

Hello CSI people,

Michaela, Maryline, Sean and I have updated the draft "Signature Algorithm
Agility in the Secure Neighbor Discovery (SEND) Protocol" and its companion
draft "Support for Multiple Signature Algorithms in Cryptographically
Generated Addresses (CGAs)". We integrated most of the changes and comments
proposed off-list and during the last IETF WG meeting and would like to thank
their authors.

Here is the links to the new version:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cheneau-send-sig-agility-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cheneau-cga-pk-agility-01.txt

Title: Signature Algorithm Agility in the Secure Neighbor Discovery (SEND)
Protocol
Abstract:
This draft describes a mechanism to enable the Secure Neighbor Discovery
(SEND) protocol to select between different signature algorithms to use with
Cryptographically Generated Addresses (CGA).  It also provides optional
support for interoperability between nodes that do not share any common
signature algorithms.

Changes from -00 in draft-cheneau-send-sig-agility:
- Removed the "r" flag.
- Rewritten the message exchange phase (in the section 5.1) , should be more
   readable now.
- Add Neighbor Cache usage (side effect is that it ease up the protocol).
- More precise description of ECC/ECDSA curves and names (section 3 and 4).
- Improved the "Router as a Notary" part (section 6). Now describes how to
   perform the DAD process.
- Improved the Security Consideration part (section 7).
- Discussion (in appendix A) on the size of the DER encoded Public Key,
   Digital Signature and other option, in order to evaluate the maximum number
   of keys allowed before reaching the MTU.

Title: Support for Multiple Signature Algorithms in Cryptographically
Generated Addresses (CGAs)
Abstract:
This document defines an extension field for the CGA Parameters data structure
specified in RFC 3972.  This extension field carries a Public Key that is used
in Cryptographically Generated Address (CGA) generation. This extension
enables protocols using CGAs, such as SEND, to use multiple Public Key signing
algorithms and/or multiple Public Keys.

Changes from -00 in draft-cheneau-cga-pk-agility:
- small updates to reflect changes in references

Next version will extract ECC/ECDSA part from the
draft-cheneau-send-sig-agility-01, and place it in the draft-shen-csi-ecc-01.

Comments are welcome!

Regards,
 	Tony Cheneau