Subject: [CGA-EXT] Fwd: [Int-area] New Mailing List: cgasec (fwd)

From: Tony Cheneau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 18:12:09 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

Since this email didn't make it to this list, I took the liberty to
forward it. I think it might be of interest of some readers of this list.

Regards,
         Tony

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: 2010/7/22
Subject: [Int-area] New Mailing List:  cgasec
To: Internet Area <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked],
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc : Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>, PaddyNallur
<[email-masked]>, Dong Zhang <[email-masked]>

Hi All,

We've put together a mailing list to discuss the use of
Cryptographically Generated Addresses (CGAs) for security purposes
across the internet.  The list address is [email-masked].  To
subscribe, go to:  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cgasec.

We have published a draft in this area that can be found here:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-savi-cga-header/

Abstract:

This document specifies an IPv6 extension header called the
Cryptographically Generated Address (CGA) Extension Header. The CGA
Extension Header holds the CGA parameters associated with the source
CGA of an IPv6 packet. This information can be used to validate that a
particular packet was sent by the node associated with a specific CGA,
enabling secure IPv6 address-based access control mechanisms.
We're planning to hold a Bar BOF (the old fashioned kind, in a bar,
with no presentations) in Maastricht to discuss the above draft and
other possible work in this area.

Please send any feedback on the above document to the [email-masked]
mailing list.  Please avoid cross-pointing your feedback to the full
to: list on this message, unless you believe that it is pertinent to
the hundreds or low thousands of people included on this message.
Thank you.

We will be holding an old-fashioned Bar BOF in Maastricht (in a bar,
no presentations), probably on Thursday night for folks who are
interested in working our proposal, or related work in this technical
area.  Further details about the bar BOF will be announced early next
week, after I get to Maastricht and can scope out a location.

There has also been some earlier work in this area by Julien Lagnier,
but I do not have a current reference.  Julien it is not my intention
to omit your work from this discussion, so please feel free to send a
pointer.

Margaret

_______________________________________________
Int-area mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-area