Subject: [clue] New ticket (#8) for how consumer differentiates between multiple capture scenes

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 15:59:34 -0600

One topic that seemed to surface in the discussion of ticket #7 is around
how the consumer differentiates between multiple capture scenes:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/clue/current/msg01165.html

A couple things might help in determining a way forward for this one are:
1) Is there a use case that requires this functionality and which is it?
 ISTM it *might* be
2) If we agree the use case, are the requirements in the requirements
document sufficient?

I have opened a new ticket to track this issue:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/clue/trac/ticket/8

Please ensure that the ticket # shows up in threads of discussion related
to this issue.

Regards,
Mary
- as WG co-chair

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 17:47:52 -0500

Thanks Mary for standing back and pointing out I had created another issue.

Since I seem to have been the guilty party in bringing this up, I can 
kick off the discussion.

On 3/9/12 4:59 PM, Mary Barnes wrote:
> One topic that seemed to surface in the discussion of ticket #7 is
> around how the consumer differentiates between multiple capture scenes:

I was thinking of an MCU that decides it wants to "pass through" Capture 
Scenes it receives. Thus the advertisements it makes could include a 
separate Capture Scene or Scenes from each endpoint participating in the 
conference. (Of course it could include just an interesting subset of 
these, or also include some other Scenes that it synthesizes, but lets 
stick with this for discussion.)

So if rooms X,Y,Z are connected to the MCU, each might have one scene 
containing captures for all of its cameras, and another scene containing 
a presentation. So the advertisement from the MCU to Z would contain 
four scenes, two from X and two Y.

In a typical case the captures from all the cameras might have 
purpose=main, while presentation captures have purpose=presentation. But 
there is no obvious way to tell which captures come from X and which 
come from Y.

This could be handled either by attributes on the individual captures, 
or by attributes on the capture scenes. I don't see how this would help 
with algorithmically sorting things out, but at least it could provide 
some data for a UI display to pick what to display.

I don't see anything currently defined in the framework that meets this 
need. A simple text description of each capture, or of the scene, would 
probably be sufficient.

> 2) If we agree the use case, are the requirements in the requirements

This may be covered by REQMT-1 which requires support for describing the 
spacial arrangement of sources. What we have specified so far describes 
the spacial arrangement of sources within a single scene. But it isn't 
capable of describing the spacial arrangement of sources within multiple 
scenes from different sources. (Though I'm talking about a textual 
description, which is something like a civil address, rather than a 
coordinate.)

This also might, in part, be covered by REQMT-15 about presentations, 
because if there is more than one presentation there is currently no way 
to indicate the meaning of each, even if they are in a single scene.

We can discuss if those are sufficient, or if there is some different 
requirement here.

	Thanks,
	Paul

---

From: "Espen Berger (espeberg)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 16:45:53 +0100

A textual description, e.g. like  srcname, to describe a capture or
capture scene is valuable for use cases where an endpoint want to
advertise multiple camera source that are only identified by name. In a
medical use case the srcnames could be "knife cam", "doctor", and so on.

If we want to support MCU case where the MCU forward all advertisements
to everyone, a endpoint-source would be useful to differentiate between
multiple source endpoints that could announce capture sets with the same
srcname. 

-Espen 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Paul Kyzivat
Sent: 9. mars 2012 23:48
To: CLUE
Subject: Re: [clue] New ticket (#8) for how consumer differentiates
between multiple capture scenes

Thanks Mary for standing back and pointing out I had created another
issue.

	Thanks,
	Paul
_______________________________________________
clue mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/clue