Subject: [clue] Proposal for CLUE WG Design Team meeting on January 28, 2013

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 17:16:01 -0600

Hi all,

We have had virtually no mailing list discussion over the past couple
weeks on this mailing list.  Paul and I (as chairs) thought it would
be a good idea to have a planning meeting next Monday to determine
what we need to do and who will be doing what for the IETF-86
deadlines, as it's not clear that the approach discussed at IETF-85 is
going to be effective:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/clue/current/msg02129.html
We are at the point that we need details laid out otherwise we'll have
the same discussions we've been having over the past 6-12 months.

As noted last week, we also still have some work to do for the
requirements document:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/clue/current/msg02312.html
An additional author/editor for that document would be quite helpful,
in particular someone that can drive the issues to conclusion on the
mailing list.  It would be really good if we could actually get some
documents completed in the WG.

Note that the deadlines for IETF-86 are as follows:
-00 Deadline: Feb. 18th, 2012 (3 weeks from Monday)
Final Draft deadline: Feb. 25th, 2012 (4 weeks from Monday)

It's also important to consider that there is a joint RTCWEB/MMUSIC
interim meeting planned for Feb. 5-7 in Boston:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/rtcweb/current/msg06143.html

Some of these decisions may impact CLUE.  Note, that Roni has been
engaged in this thread and it would be good for others to contribute
and pay attention to these discussions:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/mmusic/current/msg10153.html

While it is extremely time consuming to follow the RTCWEB mailing
list, the MMUSIC list, where the discussion has been cross-posted is
not nearly as crazy and the discussions should be happening primarily
there. So, I highly encourage folks involved in the CLUE signaling to
make sure they are subscribed to that mailing list.

Regards,
Mary and Paul.