Subject: [clue] I-D Action: draft-ietf-clue-telepresence-requirements-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 14:06:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the ControLling mUltiple streams for tElepresence Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Requirements for Telepresence Multi-Streams
	Author(s)       : Allyn Romanow
                          Stephen Botzko
	Filename        : draft-ietf-clue-telepresence-requirements-03.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-01-15

Abstract:
   This memo discusses the requirements for a specification that enables
   telepresence interoperability, by describing the relationship between
   multiple RTP streams.  In addition, the problem statement and
   definitions are also covered herein.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-clue-telepresence-requirements

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-clue-telepresence-requirements-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-clue-telepresence-requirements-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 16:25:12 -0600

Hi all,

The following summarizes the changes to the document:
 1) Updated IANA section - i.e., no IANA registrations required.

 2) Added security requirement.

 3)  Added some initial text to the security section.

At this point, this is actually the only WG document that even
mentions security.  It will be very important to have a comprehensive
security threat analysis in the framework document as well as the
details in the solution documents.  Otherwise, these documents won't
get published.

Note, that there are still open issues identified in the appendix that
must be resolved before we can publish this document.  In addition,
the document needs to add some definitions. As was noted for the
framework, "capture" isn't actually defined anywhere - note that there
is a definition for "render".   There are also a couple other terms
that I think need definitions, including "spatial/spatially" (used in
the context of "layout", "matching" and "position") and "scene" (used
both with "capture" and without).   Site switching and segment
switching are also not defined, but there is an editor's note that the
requirement that uses those terms needs rewording.

Right now, some of the definitions in this document are also
duplicated in the framework document.  I personally think it helps
with the readability.  We just need to make sure that they remain
consistent or it is noted where they might differ (as is noted, for
example, for the definition of MCU in the Framework where it differs
with what's defined in the other RFCs).   There are also some terms in
this document that are not duplicated in the framework (but are used)
such as "Local" and "Render".  Thus, I think we should add a statement
to the framework definition section referencing the requirements
document, noting that some are duplicated in the FW for readability.

Regards,
Mary.

Note: I made the changes to this version as Steve is busied with ITU-T
for the next two weeks.  If anyone else would be willing to be the
backup editor for the WG requirements document, please let me know.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Subject: [clue] I-D Action: draft-ietf-clue-telepresence-requirements-03.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the ControLling mUltiple streams for
tElepresence Working Group of the IETF.

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
clue mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/clue