Subject: [clue] I-D Action: draft-ietf-clue-telepresence-requirements-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 10:45:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the ControLling mUltiple streams for tElepresence Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Requirements for Telepresence Multi-Streams
	Author(s)       : Allyn Romanow
                          Stephen Botzko
                          Mary Barnes
	Filename        : draft-ietf-clue-telepresence-requirements-06.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   This memo discusses the requirements for specifications that enable
   telepresence interoperability, by describing the relationship between
   multiple RTP streams.  In addition, the problem statement and related
   definitions are also covered herein.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-clue-telepresence-requirements

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-clue-telepresence-requirements-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-clue-telepresence-requirements-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 08:28:01 -0500

HI all,

I updated the FW document based on the WGLC comments from Roberta,
Christian and Paul Coverdale based on these threads (where I've provided
the ones most relevant from the series of discussion):

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/clue/current/msg03058.html  (changes 3)
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/clue/current/msg02930.html  (changes
2, 6)
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/clue/current/msg02918.html  (change 1)
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/clue/current/msg02921.html  (changes
4, 5)

The changes are summarized in the appendix but I'll post here as well:

1)  REQMT-12: Changed term "site" to "endpoint"

2)  Intro: clarified that SIP based conferencing also is relevant to
      CLUE.

3)  Intro: clarified that while CLUE doesn't dictate implementation
      choices, it does describe a framework for the protocol solution.

4)  Clarified that mapping to use cases isn't comprehensive (i.e.,
      only done when there is a direct correlation).

5) Added text that the requirements do not reflect all those required
      for the solution - i.e., the solution can provide more
      functionality as needed.

 6) Editorial nits and clarifications -  e.g., changed lc "must" to UC
      (REQMT-17).

Folks should review the diff and post any final concerns ASAP, so that Paul
can do the PROTO write-up and we can get this off to the AD for IETF Last
Call.  To kick that off, for the record, I am not aware of any IPR related
to this document.

Thanks,
Mary.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-clue-telepresence-requirements-06.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the ControLling mUltiple streams for
tElepresence Working Group of the IETF.

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announceInternet-Draft>directories:
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt