Subject: [clue] Updating CLUE WG milestones

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 10:58:54 -0500

We've had an action item for a while to update the CLUE WG milestones.
 I've put in requests to have the milestones updated as follows - adding
milestones for more discrete deliverables that we believe correspond to
individual documents:

Nov 2013   Submit informational draft to IESG on requirements
Aug 2014   Submit standards track draft to IESG on Framework
Aug 2014   Submit standards track draft to IESG on Data Model
Sept 2014  Submit standards track draft to IESG on CLUE Protocol
Sept 2014  Submit standards track draft to IESG on CLUE Data Channel
Oct 2014    Submit standards track draft to IESG on Usage of RTP
Nov 2014   Submit standards track draft to IESG on Overall Signaling
    and usage of SDP
Dec 2014   Submit informational draft to IESG on Call Flows

These have not yet been approved by the AD and thus are not yet visible on
the WG charter page.

We also have a spreadsheet with some intermediate dates (e.g., pre-WGLC,
WGLC) along with primary editors and the chair that will shepherd the work.
 I've uploaded the spreadsheet to the wiki for your reference:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/clue/trac/wiki/WikiStart  (CLUE Project Plan
link).

You'll see for example, that we are planning a WGLC of the framework and
data model a good bit earlier than the date to send to the IESG.  As we
discussed the plan is to hold onto documents until the related solution
work is more mature.  We are doing the publication requests in sets
sequentially rather than all at once as it will be easier for everyone to
be focusing on just a couple documents at each stage. We will also be
requesting early reviews of the directorates. This should make the
completion of the docs go more smoothly as external folks will see the
documents at WLGC for the first time as opposed to IETF LC.

Regards,
Mary and Paul