Subject: [clue] small comment on data model

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 14:30:39 -0400

I was discussing with coworkers how media type is represented in the 
data model, and realized that it isn't entirely clear and explicit about 
this. Specifically:

10. <mediaCapture>
...
     <xs:element name="capturedMedia" type="xs:string"/>
...
10.1. <capturedMedia>

    <capturedMedia> is a mandatory field specifying the media type of the
    capture ("audio", "video", "text",...).

This is fine, but the actual type of the element is an unrestricted 
string, and the only guidance about what goes into it are the examples.

When I look at the examples, I immediately infer that what is intended 
to go here is a value suitable for use as the <media> field of an m-line 
in SDP. But not everyone will leap to that conclusion.

ISTM that we should normatively specify that. E.g.,

10.1. <capturedMedia>

    <capturedMedia> is a mandatory field specifying the media type of the
    capture. The value MUST be one of those registered in the "media"
    sub-table of the IANA "Session Description Protocol (SDP) Parameters"
    registry. 
(http://www.iana.org/assignments/sdp-parameters/sdp-parameters.xhtml#sdp-parameters-1). 
For example, "audio" or
   "video".

	Thanks,
	Paul