Subject: [clue] Design Team meetings this week and next

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 11:40:12 -0400

We have no topic scheduled for the design team meeting tomorrow (6-may), 
so we won't hold that one.

This does NOT mean you get the week off!

We had productive sessions on signaling and protocol in past weeks. 
Authors, please use this "free" time to get out new versions of those 
documents reflecting decisions made.

The purpose of the meeting next week (13-may) is to thrash out the audio 
issues that we've been discussing on the mailing list for some time. 
There has been a lot of heat, but it is unclear to me how much light. 
Please come to that meeting prepared to make decisions. We need *text*. 
The meeting is not the best place to *create* text, so please post 
proposed text to the list prior to the meeting.

And if you have an opinion on this that please be present on 13-may for 
the call! If any of the active parties won't be able to be there please 
inform us now!

	Thanks,
	Paul

---

From: "Duckworth, Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 12:07:51 -0700

Hello Paul,
Regarding the meeting next week to discuss audio issues, I don't have any proposed text to post because I think the existing framework and data model are adequate as is.  However, I am interested in any other proposals people have about associating audio with video without using the area of capture for audio.  I'd like to understand the use cases and motivation for such proposals - I think I'm still missing that.  Even without using area of capture, CLUE still associates audio with video when they are in the same CLUE scene.  If there is a need and for more fine grained association within a scene, that's what I don't understand.

Mark

> -----Original Message-----
> From: clue [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Paul Kyzivat
> Sent: Monday, May 05, 2014 11:40 AM
> To: CLUE; John Leslie; Stephen Botzko
> Subject: [clue] Design Team meetings this week and next
> 
> The meeting is not the best place to *create* text, so please post proposed
> text to the list prior to the meeting.
> 
> And if you have an opinion on this that please be present on 13-may for the
> call! If any of the active parties won't be able to be there please inform us
> now!
> 
> 	Thanks,
> 	Paul
> 
> _______________________________________________
> clue mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/clue

---

From: Stephen Botzko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 15:54:00 -0400

I also feel that the framework is adequate, and that all we really need to
do is solve is the talker identification use.

It would be helpful to talk through the motivations behind any alternatives
before we jump to text.

/BR
Stephen

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 3:07 PM, Duckworth, Mark
<[email-masked]>wrote:

> Hello Paul,
> Regarding the meeting next week to discuss audio issues, I don't have any
> proposed text to post because I think the existing framework and data model
> are adequate as is.  However, I am interested in any other proposals people
> have about associating audio with video without using the area of capture
> for audio.  I'd like to understand the use cases and motivation for such
> proposals - I think I'm still missing that.  Even without using area of
> capture, CLUE still associates audio with video when they are in the same
> CLUE scene.  If there is a need and for more fine grained association
> within a scene, that's what I don't understand.
>
> Mark
>
> the

---

From: John Leslie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 10:26:48 -0400

> proposed text to the list prior to the meeting.

   Working up text has been totally exhausting for the past few days!

   However, it's time to post _something_...

   So, I have drafty text relating to about seven issues, that I will
post today in separate threads. I don't expect to find time to respond
to comments about them today, but I will respond over the weekend.

   Questions about the appropriateness of this can be posted to this
thread, or even questions about what else is coming, and I'll try to
respond to them today.

Issues (in no particular order) for which I have "some" text:
====
Add surround-sound type
====
Clarify that not all mediaCaptures are offered to be sent to a receiver
====
Clarify the separate availability (if any) of the inputs to a mixer vs.
the output of a mixer
====
Note that XY-stereo microphones are commonly available
====
Add a way to specify floor-area intended-capture area for mikes and mixers
====
Add a way to link audio captures to video captures
====
Discuss receiver tactics for rendering mono sources using multiple
loudspeakers
====

   I do expect to add issues later today...

--
John Leslie <[email-masked]>

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 16:14:15 -0400

Thanks for the active list discussion on tomorrow's topic - audio issues.

If you have any concerns or opinions about audio please join tomorrow 
and be ready to make decisions.

	Thanks,
	Paul