Subject: [clue] I-D Action: draft-ietf-clue-protocol-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 11:18:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the ControLling mUltiple streams for tElepresence Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : CLUE protocol
        Authors         : Roberta Presta
                          Simon Pietro Romano
	Filename        : draft-ietf-clue-protocol-00.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2014-06-19

Abstract:
   The CLUE protocol is an application protocol conceived for the
   description and negotiation of a CLUE telepresence session.  The
   design of the CLUE protocol takes into account the requirements and
   the framework defined, respectively, in [I-D.ietf-clue-framework] and
   [I-D.ietf-clue-telepresence-requirements].  The companion document
   [I-D.kyzivat-clue-signaling] delves into CLUE signaling details, as
   well as on the SIP/SDP session establishment phase.  CLUE messages
   flow upon the CLUE data channel, based on reliable and ordered SCTP
   over DTLS transport, as described in [I-D.ietf-clue-datachannel].
   Message details, together with the behavior of CLUE Participants
   acting as Media Providers and/or Media Consumers, are herein
   discussed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-clue-protocol/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-clue-protocol-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Martin J. Dürst" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 18:48:40 +0900

Dear Clue WG,

I read the abstract below with interest, but I have to admit that it 
doesn't give me a clue (sic.) about what CLUE is about. I think people 
in the IETF in general would appreciate abstracts that are less 
self-referential and more informative to the IETF and the general public.

Many thanks in advance for your consideration!

Regards,   Martin.

On 2014/06/20 03:18, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 03:14:31 -0500

Do you have a suggestion?  I think the abstract is quite complete and we
are talking about the details of the protocol solution.    It starts out
saying that we use CLUE for telepresence sessions, which I realize might
not be so informative for people with no background in telepresence.  There
is a CLUE tutorial on the wiki. Then, the abstract goes on to provide
references to other documents that can provide more detailed background
information. Now, it might be possible to actually make that less detailed
and more generalized. But, again, a suggestion is always helpful.

Regards,
Mary

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 4:48 AM, "Martin J. Dürst" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> doesn't give me a clue (sic.) about what CLUE is about. I think people in
> the IETF in general would appreciate abstracts that are less
> clue mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/clue
>