Subject: [clue] video capture volume?

From: "Duckworth, Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 16:10:48 -0800

Hi Paul,

>From your WGLC comments:

> Section 7.1.1.3:
> 
> It might be helpful to point out that typically a video capture
> represents a capture volume that is defined by a pyramid connecting the
> point of capture to the area of capture.

Not really, because it can extend further back than the plane of interest,
potentially to infinity.  Can we just leave the text as is, or do you think a
different clarification is necessary?

Mark

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 10:28:25 -0500

> different clarification is necessary?

I thought that since you talk about the volume of capture for audio, it 
would be appropriate to also talk about volume of capture for video. 
Yes, the volume extends beyond the area of capture, not to infinity, but 
to the boundary of scene, whatever that is.

Right now, section 7.1.1.2 talks about intersecting the area of capture 
for a video capture with the volume of capture for an audio capture. But 
is that really the right algorithm? Or should the the intersection be 
with the volume of capture of the video capture?

	Thanks,
	Paul