Subject: [clue] Last Call: <draft-ietf-clue-datachannel-13.txt> (CLUE Protocol data channel) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 14:56:20 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the ControLling mUltiple streams for
tElepresence WG (clue) to consider the following document:
- 'CLUE Protocol data channel'
  <draft-ietf-clue-datachannel-13.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-07-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines how to use the WebRTC data channel mechanism in
   order to realize a data channel, referred to as a CLUE data channel,
   for transporting CLUE protocol messages between two CLUE entities.

   The document defines how to describe the SCTPoDTLS association used
   to realize the CLUE data channel using the Session Description
   Protocol (SDP), and defines usage of SDP-based "SCTP over DTLS" data
   channel negotiation mechanism for establishing a CLUE data channel.

   Details and procedures associated with the CLUE protocol, and the SDP
   Offer/Answer procedures for negotiating usage of a CLUE data channel,
   are outside the scope of this document.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-clue-datachannel/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-clue-datachannel/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.