Subject: [Cose] Introduction

From: Justin Richer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2015 10:59:34 -0700

Hi everybody,

As many of you have seen, I’m one of your chairs in the newly-formed COSE working group. I’ve been an active member of several groups here in the IETF, most notably the OAuth and JOSE groups for a number of years, as well as participating in other standards groups in other SDO’s. I’ve edited several RFC-track documents and contributed to several published specifications. Additionally, I’m also a software engineer with submission credits on many open source projects, most relevant to here being the Nimbus JOSE JWT library for Java.

I’m here not to drive any particular implementation or agenda, but as chair I’m here to facilitate the group, to help it work efficiently and work well. That said, I do believe there’s a lot that we can lean on from past efforts (especially JOSE, from which this group has sprung), and if at all possible I would like this new effort to avoid taking the 4.5 years that JOSE did from inception to RFC.

I will be at the Prague meeting in person, and I look forward to working with you all.

 — Justin

---

From: "Kepeng Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 09:36:45 +0800

Hi Justin,

Welcome on board!

I am the other co-chair for COSE working group, and I am also co-chairing
ACE working group. 

I have been an active member of CoRE for several years, and my past
experience in IETF is mainly about Internet Of Things and security.

One of the COSE goals is to coordinate its progress with the ACE, DICE and
CORE working groups to ensure that we are fulfilling the needs of these
constituencies. I hope I can help these coordinations, and help the COSE
work to make progress efficiently.

I will also attend Prague F2F meeting, and I look forward to working with
you and our group participants.

BTW, I have requested one hour session for COSE in Prague, and let’s have
the first WG meeting there.

Thanks,

Kind Regards
Kepeng

在 8/6/15 1:59 am， "Justin Richer" <[email-masked]> 写入:

>Hi everybody,
>
>As many of you have seen, I’m one of your chairs in the newly-formed COSE
>working group. I’ve been an active member of several groups here in the
>IETF, most notably the OAuth and JOSE groups for a number of years, as
>well as participating in other standards groups in other SDO’s. I’ve
>edited several RFC-track documents and contributed to several published
>specifications. Additionally, I’m also a software engineer with
>submission credits on many open source projects, most relevant to here
>being the Nimbus JOSE JWT library for Java.
>
>I’m here not to drive any particular implementation or agenda, but as
>chair I’m here to facilitate the group, to help it work efficiently and
>work well. That said, I do believe there’s a lot that we can lean on from
>past efforts (especially JOSE, from which this group has sprung), and if
>at all possible I would like this new effort to avoid taking the 4.5
>years that JOSE did from inception to RFC.
>
> ― Justin
>_______________________________________________
>Cose mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cose