Subject: [COSE] Spencer Dawkins' No Objection on draft-ietf-cose-msg-18: (with COMMENT)

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 12:02:47 -0700

Spencer Dawkins has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-cose-msg-18: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cose-msg/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to be a No Objection for this doc no matter what, so it's safe
to answer my question :-)

This is for use with CoAP, right? Would you rely on CoAP for
fragmentation, if that's required?

---

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 13:35:57 -0700

Yes this is targeted at CoAP.  CoAP should provide the needed fragmentation
and we are currently have discussions in the CORE group about the best way
to provide this both on a per message basis and a per fragment basis.

Jim

> -----Original Message-----
> From: COSE [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Spencer Dawkins
> Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 12:03 PM
> To: The IESG <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
draft-
> [email-masked]
> Subject: [COSE] Spencer Dawkins' No Objection on draft-ietf-cose-msg-18:
(with
> COMMENT)
email
> addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory
> paragraph, however.)
to
> answer my question :-)
fragmentation, if
> that's required?
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> COSE mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cose

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 16:25:05 -0500

> to provide this both on a per message basis and a per fragment basis.

Thank you, Jim.

Spencer