Subject: [COSE] [Errata Verified] RFC8152 (5545)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 16:48:50 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC8152,
"CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE)". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5545

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Technical

Reported by: Francesca Palombini <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2018-11-05
Verified by: Benjamin Kaduk (IESG)

Section: 7.1

Original Text
-------------
   +---------+-------+----------------+------------+-------------------+
   | Name    | Label | CBOR Type      | Value      | Description       |
   |         |       |                | Registry   |                   |
   +---------+-------+----------------+------------+-------------------+
   | kty     | 1     | tstr / int     | COSE Key   | Identification of |
   |         |       |                | Common     | the key type      |
   |         |       |                | Parameters |                   |
   |         |       |                |            |                   |
   | kid     | 2     | bstr           |            | Key               |
   |         |       |                |            | identification    |
   |         |       |                |            | value -- match to |
   |         |       |                |            | kid in message    |
   |         |       |                |            |                   |
   | alg     | 3     | tstr / int     | COSE       | Key usage         |
   |         |       |                | Algorithms | restriction to    |
   |         |       |                |            | this algorithm    |
   |         |       |                |            |                   |
   | key_ops | 4     | [+ (tstr/int)] |            | Restrict set of   |
   |         |       |                |            | permissible       |
   |         |       |                |            | operations        |
   |         |       |                |            |                   |
   | Base IV | 5     | bstr           |            | Base IV to be     |
   |         |       |                |            | xor-ed with       |
   |         |       |                |            | Partial IVs       |
   +---------+-------+----------------+------------+-------------------+

                          Table 3: Key Map Labels

Corrected Text
--------------
   +---------+-------+----------------+------------+-------------------+
   | Name    | Label | CBOR Type      | Value      | Description       |
   |         |       |                | Registry   |                   |
   +---------+-------+----------------+------------+-------------------+
   | kty     | 1     | tstr / int     | COSE Key   | Identification of |
   |         |       |                | Types      | the key type      |
   |         |       |                |            |                   |
   |         |       |                |            |                   |
   | kid     | 2     | bstr           |            | Key               |
   |         |       |                |            | identification    |
   |         |       |                |            | value -- match to |
   |         |       |                |            | kid in message    |
   |         |       |                |            |                   |
   | alg     | 3     | tstr / int     | COSE       | Key usage         |
   |         |       |                | Algorithms | restriction to    |
   |         |       |                |            | this algorithm    |
   |         |       |                |            |                   |
   | key_ops | 4     | [+ (tstr/int)] |            | Restrict set of   |
   |         |       |                |            | permissible       |
   |         |       |                |            | operations        |
   |         |       |                |            |                   |
   | Base IV | 5     | bstr           |            | Base IV to be     |
   |         |       |                |            | xor-ed with       |
   |         |       |                |            | Partial IVs       |
   +---------+-------+----------------+------------+-------------------+

                          Table 3: Key Map Labels

Notes
-----
The value registry for kty should be COSE Key Types, as indicated in the text following Table 3. This change affects the IANA registry: https://www.iana.org/assignments/cose/cose.xhtml#key-common-parameters

--------------------------------------
RFC8152 (draft-ietf-cose-msg-24)
--------------------------------------
Title               : CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE)
Publication Date    : July 2017
Author(s)           : J. Schaad
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : CBOR Object Signing and Encryption
Area                : Security
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG