Subject: [COSE] Roman Danyliw's No Objection on draft-ietf-cose-webauthn-algorithms-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2020 07:08:10 -0700

Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-cose-webauthn-algorithms-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cose-webauthn-algorithms/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the updates in -07 in response to LC feedback on secp256k1 and
ES256K being registered as “Recommend: No”.  Two additional items in that vein:

** Table 2.  ES256K should read Recommended = NO (i.e., not recommended)
consistent with the registration guidance in Section 4.1 and Section 4.2.

** Section 5.4.  The basis of the “not recommended” is explained in Section 5.2
and 5.3.  Can that be done here too.