Subject: [COSE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cose-hash-algs-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 12:11:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the CBOR Object Signing and Encryption WG of the IETF.

        Title           : CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE): Hash Algorithms
        Author          : Jim Schaad
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cose-hash-algs-08.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2020-07-29

Abstract:
   The CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE) syntax
   [I-D.ietf-cose-rfc8152bis-struct] does not define any direct methods
   for using hash algorithms.  There are, however, circumstances where
   hash algorithms are used, such as indirect signatures where the hash
   of one or more contents are signed, and X.509 certificate or other
   object identification by the use of a fingerprint.  This document
   defines a set of hash algorithms that are identified by COSE
   Algorithm Identifiers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cose-hash-algs/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cose-hash-algs-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-cose-hash-algs-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-cose-hash-algs-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 12:12:58 -0700

Murray,

I am feeling slightly stupid at the moment.  I was sure that I had uploaded
this version of the document to the Datatracker and after the meeting today
I looked and found out that I hadn't.  I think this version addresses all of
the IESG comments along with anything else that was floating around.

And of course as soon as I had posted the last version I remembered that I
had not made an edit that was highlighted by Russ.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: COSE <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 12:11 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [COSE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cose-hash-algs-08.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the CBOR Object Signing and Encryption WG of
the IETF.

        Title           : CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE): Hash
Algorithms
        Author          : Jim Schaad
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cose-hash-algs-08.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2020-07-29

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
COSE mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cose

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 12:27:02 -0700

Hi Jim,

Perhaps I should be feeling slightly stupid, but was the -07 intended to do
anything other than update the version of some references (which is what it
looks like from here)?

Thanks,

Ben

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 07:14:59 -0700

So are we back to "Revised I-D Needed" here, or is it ready?

---

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 09:46:32 -0700

I think it is ready with -08

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2020 7:15 AM
To: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Cc: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [COSE] FW: I-D Action: draft-ietf-cose-hash-algs-08.txt

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 12:27 PM Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> > wrote:

Hi Jim,

Thanks,

Ben

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 12:12:58PM -0700, Jim Schaad wrote:
> From: COSE <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> > On Behalf Of [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
> To: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
> Cc: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
> until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org <http://tools.ietf.org> .
> 
> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 10:13:51 -0700

I spot checked my comments on the -06 and don't see changes to address
them.  I would guess that you fixed a different working copy than what got
uploaded.

(In particular, the false statement about "when computing a shorter SHAKE
hash value, the value is not a prefix of the result of computing the longer
hash.)

-Ben