Subject: [COSE] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-mattsson-cose-cbor-cert-compress-01.txt

From: Joel Höglund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 15:27:00 +0200

Hello COSE!

We have recently submitted an updated ‘CBOR Profile of X.509 Certificates’
draft. This is a merger of the main draft-raza-ace-cbor-certificates
together with the TLS and COSE profiles,
draft-mattsson-tls-cbor-cert-compress and
draft-mattsson-cose-cbor-cert-compress. The merged draft is available as:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mattsson-cose-cbor-cert-compress-01

The document specifies a CBOR encoding and compression of RFC 7925 profiled
certificates targeting IoT scenarios. It proposes COSE headers as well as
the use of CBOR certificate compression algorithm with TLS Certificate
Compression in (D)TLS 1.3.

Besides the merger, compared with the previous version we have clarified
more encoding details and optimizations. The goal is to provide a compact
yet easy to implement encoding scheme, and we look forward to continued
discussions on the trade-offs between expressiveness and compactness.

Best Regards

Joel Höglund

------------------------------
*Från:* [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
*Ämne:* New Version Notification for
draft-mattsson-cose-cbor-cert-compress-01.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-mattsson-cose-cbor-cert-compress-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by =?utf-8?q?G=C3=B6ran_Selander?= and
posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-mattsson-cose-cbor-cert-compress
Revision:       01
Title:          CBOR Profile of X.509 Certificates
Document date:  2020-07-13
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          18