Subject: [COSE] RFC7030, CSR attributes in CBOR?

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 08:26:06 -0500

IN RFC7030, EST, there is a CSRattributes object created.
Most developers hate it.

I thought that someone had proposed to redo this in CBOR, but I'm not sure
what document they did it in, or maybe I was just dreaming.

--
]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        |    IoT architect   [
]     [email-masked]  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )
           Sandelman Software Works Inc, Ottawa and Worldwide

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2021 23:20:21 -0800

> what document they did it in, or maybe I was just dreaming.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ace-coap-est-18 (in the RFC Editor
queue) specifies transporting EST payloads over coaps, but didn't really
change the format of the CSRattributes object (from what I recall).

-Ben

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 15:34:47 +0100

> what document they did it in, or maybe I was just dreaming.

I’m not sure that “that” is “this”, but in cose we discussed where a CSR companion to cbor-encoded pkix certs should be done.

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: John Mattsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 07:24:22 +0000

Michael Richardson <[email-masked]> wrote:

>or maybe I was just dreaming.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-selander-ace-coap-est-oscore-04

The slides at the interim showed CDDL from this draft. Any CBOR CSR work should be done in COSE aligning with the CBOR certificate work.

/John