Subject: [Ietf-not43] rewording of section 3.2.8

From: [email-masked] (Andrew Newton)
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 17:35:19 -0400

This is a MIME-formatted message.  If you see this text it means that your
E-mail software does not support MIME-formatted messages.

--=_zark-2354-1028756722-0001-2
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

If nobody objects, I'd like to reword section 3.2.8 of the requirements.

It currently says:

3.2.8 Authentication Distribution

The service MUST be capable of allowing a centralized authority
entity the means to distribute authentication information of
entities accessing the service. The service MUST not require all
Internet registries to participate in distributed authentication and
SHOULD allow the participation by an Internet registry in
distributed authentication by many centralized authority entities.

The first sentence seems to be out-of-scope for the group (too much on
the provisioning side) and the rest isn't tight enough.

Perhaps:

3.2.8 Authentication Distribution

The service MUST not require any Internet registries to participate
in any particular distributed authentication system.  The service SHOULD
allow the participation by an Internet registry in distributed
authentication by many centralized authority entities.

And perhaps moving it to section 3.1 instead of 3.2.

-andy
--=_zark-2354-1028756722-0001-2
Content-Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature; name="smime.p7s"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="smime.p7s"
Content-Description: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature

--=_zark-2354-1028756722-0001-2--