Subject: [Ietf-not43] 3.2.3 & 3.2.5 requirements

From: [email-masked] (Andrew Newton)
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 18:35:16 -0400

This is a MIME-formatted message.  If you see this text it means that your
E-mail software does not support MIME-formatted messages.

--=_zark-2696-1028760318-0001-2
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Also, if nobody objects... I'd like to delete 3.2.3 because it is
covered under 3.2.5.  I'd also like to change the SHOULD in 3.2.5 to a
MUST.

As they stand:

3.2.3 Domain Status Lookup

   The service MUST provide access to the status of a domain given the
   domain's fully qualified name. This status MUST indicate the
   activation status of the domain. The activation status is the same
   as would be available in Section 3.2.5.

3.2.5 Domain Information Lookup

   The service MUST provide access to operational and social data
   specific to a domain given the domain's fully qualified name (FQDN).
   This information SHOULD include the following:

   o  activation status

   o  registrant name and contact data

   o  hosting nameservers

   o  technical, billing or other entity types associate with the
      domain and their relevant contact data, if any exist

   o  the name of or a reference to the registry delegating the domain

   o  the name of or a reference to the registrar for the domain, if
      one exists

-andy
--=_zark-2696-1028760318-0001-2
Content-Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature; name="smime.p7s"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="smime.p7s"
Content-Description: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature

--=_zark-2696-1028760318-0001-2--