Subject: [Ietf-not43] ICANN imposed fields

From: [email-masked] (Hollenbeck, Scott)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 19:39:34 -0400

> It was come to my attention via hearsay that ICANN is going 
> to propose 
> or that somebody is going to propose to ICANN mandatory fields for 
> "whois" services.  The specific one that I'm aware of is "Last 
> Verified".  I assume this is date/time when contact 
> information has been 
> last verified.
> 
> Does anybody know anything about this or any other fields?

Andy,

ICANN's Names Council has a whois task force that is looking at various
whois-related issues.  It's very possible that this task force will come up
with recommendations, though I didn't see mention of a "last verified"
element using a quick eyeball search.  They do plug CRISP, though.

You can see the archives of mailing list discussions starting here:

http://dnso.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-whois/Arc00/

Here are some pointers to reports produced thus far (the reports themselves
are in MS Word format):

Data accuracy:
http://dnso.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-whois/Arc00/msg00549.html

Uniformity and Consistency
http://dnso.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-whois/Arc00/msg00557.html

Better Searchability:
http://dnso.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-whois/Arc00/msg00578.html

Bulk Access:
http://dnso.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-whois/Arc00/msg00563.html

-Scott-