Subject: [Ietf-not43] 2.4.7 Direct Marketers

From: [email-masked] (Rick Wesson)
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 22:26:51 -0800 (PST)

Please add the following as section 2.4.7

2.4.7 Direct Marketers

Direct marketers use the directory services of Internet registries as a
source of email addresses, postal addresses and telephone numbers. Often a
direct marketer as associated with junk postal mail, spam/uce and dinner
time telephone solicitations.

-rick

---

From: [email-masked] (Andrew Newton)
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 10:27:55 -0500

Rick,

I agree that people abusing the databases are not necessarily the same 
as 2.4.5, so giving them there own note seems appropriate.  However, 
there are more people than just direct marketers who abuse the 
databases.  In addition, I don't think all direct marketers would agree 
with your characterization.

How about "Abusive Users" or "Network Abusers"... something along those 
lines?  And also changing it so that spam is just an example of abuse, 
though a pretty good one.

-andy

Rick Wesson wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Ietf-not43 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://lists.verisignlabs.com/mailman/listinfo/ietf-not43