Subject: [Ietf-not43] towards -04: Changes Where Consensus Was Found

From: anewton at ecotroph.net (Andrew Newton)
Date: Thu Oct 9 15:49:28 2003

1)  <findNamesByI18NName> should specify that the input is to be
     nameprepped and this search should include an exact-match feature.
2)  Add an entity class for IDN's and specify that the expected input
     is nameprepped.
3)  Change the number of email addresses, phone numbers, and fax
     numbers to unbouned.
4)  Add a sip address (also unbounded).
5)  Add a <findDomainsByContact> that can focus on a contacts role.
     Here's a question.  We already have <findDomainsByRegistrant>.
     Should we merge the two is consideration that a registrant is
     just another type of role against a domain?
6)  Specify that domain parts of email addresses should be namepreppred.
7)  Offer an element allowing UTF-8 representations of email addresses
    (also to be unbounded, I assume).
8)  Add an appendix in DREG for guidelines on localization.
9)  Collapse the <domainVariant> objects into the <domain> objects and
     allow for same-type references (in other words, a <domainVariances>
     element inside <domain> that points to one or more <domain>
     objects).
10) Change the status codes in the following way:
     - They are contained within a <status> parent element.
     - Add a <transferPending> and <other> status values.
     - Allow the status elements to have an optional
       <description language="xx"> child.
     - Make it a sequence and not a choice allowing the
       registry to define the mutual exclusion of status values.