Subject: [Ietf-not43] From answer to domain

From: chris.ambler at enom.com (Chris Ambler)
Date: Wed Oct 15 14:46:50 2003

And I'm more than happy to go this route if that's the consensus. Indeed,
that was the original route, but I took to using dreg at Rick Wesson's
urging (and, I should add, his argument was persuasive, seeing as dreg has
all of the data we need).

I'll defer to the logic of the group.

Christopher

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 11:43 AM
To: Chris Ambler; David Blacka
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Ietf-not43] From answer to domain

As I read the charter, this work is out of scope for CRISP.  Note
this line in particular:

"Backwards compatibility with existing administrative directory services
such as WHOIS is not a goal of this effort."

I recognize that what you are trying to do is a bit closer to "make WHOIS
forward compatible with CRISP", but I think the same logic applies.
The group has defined a set of requirements, and it is pretty clear
that this work does not meet those requirements.

This does not mean I want to discourage you from this work, but I would
like you to distinguish it from CRISP.  One way to do that might be to
set up a separate mailing list and provide a pointer to this list describing
the list's purpose; you might also wish to talk to the DREG schema authors
directly.

			regards,
				Ted Hardie