Subject: [Ietf-not43] Status element in dreg

From: chris.ambler at enom.com (Chris Ambler)
Date: Wed Oct 15 17:42:09 2003

Okay, specific to the protocol and apropos to the list (I hope).

I note that there are a fixed number of status elements allowable in a
domain element, and none of them cover some of the more typical status
possibilities like registry-lock, registrar-lock and the like. Is this
deliberate? If so, is there a contemplated method for communicating
additional status information, such as the seeAlso element?

Christopher

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.verisignlabs.com/pipermail/ietf-not43/attachments/20031015/51680673/attachment-0001.htm

---

From: anewton at ecotroph.net (Andrew Newton)
Date: Wed Oct 15 21:58:52 2003

Excellent question.

We've discussed this and it was on my list of items April mentioned. 
I'll refer you back to the original message on the topic:
> http://lists.verisignlabs.com/pipermail/ietf-not43/2003-September/000890.html

But to save time (since I had to go look it up anyway), here's the 
relevant part quoted:

>    Change the status codes in the following way:
> 1) They are contained within a <status> parent element.
> 2) Add a <transferPending> and <other> status values.
> 3) Allow the status elements to have an optional <description 
> language="xx"> child.
> 4) Make it a sequence and not a choice allowing the registry to define 
> the mutual exclusion of status values.
> 
> This allows for localization as before but also accounts for locally 
> defined status values, and mixtures of status values.
> 

Also, if you believe registry-lock and registrar-lock or other values 
are common and not accounted for in the current schema, I think they 
should be added.

-andy

Chris Ambler wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Ietf-not43 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.verisignlabs.com/mailman/listinfo/ietf-not43