Subject: [Ietf-not43] From answer to domain

From: chris.ambler at enom.com (Chris Ambler)
Date: Wed Oct 15 16:59:26 2003

That works - and I'd be happy to set up a list for anyone interested in
this. We'd planned on announcing this effort on the GNSO Registrars list
some time next week, so if anyone here is interested, but not a registrar
(or on that list), let me know privately.

If there is any specific feedback I can provide, or anything that anyone
would like me to consider/comment while implementing this, do also let me
know, and I'll be pleased to forward that on.

With apologies to Moltke, "No protocol survives contact with an
implementation" :-)

Christopher

-----Original Message-----
From: April Marine [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 1:29 PM
To: CRISP WG
Subject: Re: [Ietf-not43] From answer to domain

I have to cry "focus!" here as co-chair.  I think Chris's work is very
interesting, but it is not CRISP.  It is not an implementation of the IRIS
protocol, which is not even fully defined.  Defining that protocol is what
the CRISP WG is tasked to do and what this list needs to focus on.  It's
hard enough to make progress on just ONE topic, so I really don't want to
add more stuff, tangentially relevant as it may be.

I'm sure we can find someone to host list for this effort and I'm sure
many CRISPies would join and comment.  But if we start going off on a
tangent now, we won't finish our "real" work.

This statement in no way is meant as a comment on the work going on here,
just a comment on the fact that is should not be going on "here". :)

Speaking of this WG's work, how about some comments on the discussion
points Andy took the time to put together and post for us?

thanks,
April