Subject: [Ietf-not43] towards -04: Changes With No Objection

From: anewton at ecotroph.net (Andrew Newton)
Date: Thu Oct 9 15:52:51 2003

1)  Add elements in <registrationAuthority> object to hold a list of
     base domains.  This better aids the user in understanding the
     responsibilities of a registry/registrar.
2)  Create an attribute group to hold privacy attributes to satisfy the
     new privacy tagging requirement.
3)  Add an <operatorName> to the <serviceIdentification> object.
4)  Place the <bag> element in the search set before the <query>
     element. This allows servers doing event driven parsing
     (such as SAX) the ability to evaluate the bag and take
     appropriate action before executing the query.
5)  Place the <bags> element in the response as a peer to
     <resultSet> so that they may be normalized across all
     result sets, not just results in a particular result set.
6)  Change the control/reaction interactions to be passed
     in/out with the queries and results.  The separate
     protocol interaction causes the server to keep state above
     the transport layer.  This also simplifies the code
     paths on the server.
7)  Relax the TLS server authentication rules to be more like those
     found in RFC 2595.  This will allow the reuse of certificates
     purchased/acquired for other services.
8)  Change the <entity> element so that it is identified by a
     'referantType' attribute instead of the element name.  This allows a
     server to suggest to the client what type of object to expect when
     following the reference, and allows derivation of the element so
     that the role is the element name (the benefit being that a client
     doesn't have to look to the parent element to determine the role).