Subject: [Ietf-not43] From answer to domain

From: chris.ambler at enom.com (Chris Ambler)
Date: Tue Oct 14 19:10:14 2003

I don't see how one gets a <dreg:domain> element inside of an <answer>
element. I see that the <answer> element has an entity array, but that array
is for entities, not their values. <dreg:domain> would be a value, and I
can't see where it would be inserted.

Yet the examples have <dreg:domain> within <answer>

What am I missing?

Christopher

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.verisignlabs.com/pipermail/ietf-not43/attachments/20031014/1cf5e8c0/attachment.htm

---

From: anewton at ecotroph.net (Andrew Newton)
Date: Tue Oct 14 20:47:41 2003

It is actually <result>:

>      <element
>        name="domain"
>        type="dreg:domainType"
>        substitutionGroup="iris:result" />

<domain> is a derivation of <result>.

Keep in mind that xsd's are only the formal definition of the schema. 
Implementations are free to use other validation methods so long as they 
accomplish the same task.

-andy

Chris Ambler wrote:
> I don?t see how one gets a <dreg:domain> element inside of an <answer> 
> element. I see that the <answer> element has an entity array, but that 
> array is for entities, not their values. <dreg:domain> would be a value, 
> and I can?t see where it would be inserted.
> 
>  
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Ietf-not43 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.verisignlabs.com/mailman/listinfo/ietf-not43