Subject: [Crisp] RFC 4993 on A Lightweight UDP Transfer Protocol for the Internet Registry Information Service

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 17:37:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4993

        Title:      A Lightweight UDP Transfer Protocol 
                    for the Internet Registry Information Service 
        Author:     A. Newton
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 34383
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-crisp-iris-lwz-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4993.txt

This document describes a lightweight UDP transfer protocol for the
Internet Registry Information Service (IRIS).  This transfer protocol
uses a single packet for every request and response, and optionally
employs compression over the contents of the packet.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Cross Registry Information Service Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Crisp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/crisp