Subject: [Curdle] draft-ietf-curdle-pkix-eddsa-00

From: "Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 14:01:28 -0700

I have read through this draft and I have a couple of issues that I would
like to raise:

1.   Although there is a private key in the examples, there is no private
key ASN.1 structure defined in the document.  I would prefer to see the
re-use of ECPrivateKey from RFC 5915.  However, it needs to be redefined as
the parameters field would not be correct 

2.  There is not an ASN.1 module defined for the document.  I find this to
be useful as it centralized the information I need to feed to a compiler in
one location.  I would have a preference for using 2008 syntax, but would
understand if you kept the current 1988 syntax that the PKIX group strongly
preferred.

3.  If you are going to include the random art in the examples, then a
pointer to what it is should be included as well.  This is a new concept to
me.

4.  I would believe that it would be remiss not to suggest that only the
pure versions of EdDSA be used to sign certificates.  I would not outlaw the
use of the pre-hash versions but a strong recommendation to use the pure
versions seems in order.

Jim