Subject: [Curdle] Adam Roach's No Objection on draft-ietf-curdle-cms-ecdh-new-curves-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 17:34:30 -0700

Adam Roach has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-curdle-cms-ecdh-new-curves-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-cms-ecdh-new-curves/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This citation does not appear to be used anywhere in the document, and RFC 5480
is not mentioned (at least, not by number):

   [PKIXECC]  Turner, S., Brown, D., Yiu, K., Housley, R., and T. Polk,
              "Elliptic Curve Cryptography Subject Public Key
              Information", RFC 5480, March 2009.

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 11:51:48 -0400

Adam:

It looks like the reference was used on the early versions of this draft, and dropped in -04.  I'll submit an update to drop the reference when IESG evaluation is finished.

Russ

> On Aug 16, 2017, at 8:34 PM, Adam Roach <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Curdle mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/curdle