Subject: [Curdle] Last Call: <draft-schaad-curdle-oid-registry-02.txt> (IANA Registration for Donated Symantec Website Security Object Identifier Range) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2017 07:21:09 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the CURves, Deprecating and a Little
more Encryption WG (curdle) to consider the following document: - 'IANA
Registration for Donated Symantec Website Security Object
   Identifier Range'
  <draft-schaad-curdle-oid-registry-02.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-10-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   When the Curdle Security Working Group was chartered, a range of
   object identifiers was donated by Symantec Website Security for the
   purpose of registering the Edwards Elliptic Curve key agreement and
   signature algorithms.  This donated set of OIDs allowed for shorter
   values than would be possible using the existing S/MIME or PKIX arcs.
   This document describes the range of identifiers that were assigned
   in that donated range, transfers control of that range to IANA, and
   establishes IANA allocation policies for any future assignments
   within that range.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schaad-curdle-oid-registry/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schaad-curdle-oid-registry/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.