Subject: [Curdle] RFC 8419 on Use of Edwards-Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (EdDSA) Signatures in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2018 22:39:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8419

        Title:      Use of Edwards-Curve Digital Signature 
                    Algorithm (EdDSA) Signatures in the Cryptographic 
                    Message Syntax (CMS) 
        Author:     R. Housley
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 19080
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-curdle-cms-eddsa-signatures-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8419

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8419

This document specifies the conventions for using the Edwards-curve
Digital Signature Algorithm (EdDSA) for curve25519 and curve448 in
the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS).  For each curve, EdDSA
defines the PureEdDSA and HashEdDSA modes.  However, the HashEdDSA
mode is not used with the CMS.  In addition, no context string is
used with the CMS.

This document is a product of the CURves, Deprecating and a Little more Encryption Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC