Subject: [Curdle] RFC 8411 on IANA Registration for the Cryptographic Algorithm Object Identifier Range

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2018 22:38:42 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8411

        Title:      IANA Registration for the Cryptographic 
                    Algorithm Object Identifier Range 
        Author:     J. Schaad,
                    R. Andrews
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 8985
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-schaad-curdle-oid-registry-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8411

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8411

When the Curdle Security Working Group was chartered, a range of
object identifiers was donated by DigiCert, Inc. for the purpose of
registering the Edwards Elliptic Curve key agreement and signature
algorithms.  This donated set of OIDs allowed for shorter values than
would be possible using the existing S/MIME or PKIX arcs.  This
document describes the donated range and the identifiers that were
assigned from that range, transfers control of that range to IANA,
and establishes IANA allocation policies for any future assignments
within that range.

This document is a product of the CURves, Deprecating and a Little more Encryption Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC