Subject: [Curdle] RFC 8410 on Algorithm Identifiers for Ed25519, Ed448, X25519, and X448 for Use in the Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2018 22:38:38 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8410

        Title:      Algorithm Identifiers for Ed25519, Ed448, 
                    X25519, and X448 for Use in 
                    the Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure 
        Author:     S. Josefsson,
                    J. Schaad
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 34896
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-curdle-pkix-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8410

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8410

This document specifies algorithm identifiers and ASN.1 encoding
formats for elliptic curve constructs using the curve25519 and
curve448 curves.  The signature algorithms covered are Ed25519 and
Ed448.  The key agreement algorithms covered are X25519 and X448.
The encoding for public key, private key, and Edwards-curve Digital
Signature Algorithm (EdDSA) structures is provided.

This document is a product of the CURves, Deprecating and a Little more Encryption Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC