Subject: [Curdle] Zaheduzzaman Sarker's No Objection on draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-kex-sha2-19: (with COMMENT)

From: Zaheduzzaman Sarker via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 01:37:59 -0700

Zaheduzzaman Sarker has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-kex-sha2-19: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-kex-sha2/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the important updates.

Some comments and nits --

* Section 1 :

   ** "MAY" moving to "MUST" or "SHOULD" or "SHOULD NOT"
   or "MUST NOT") of various key exchange mechanisms.

   I didn't find this correct for the all the MAY in the table 12. some MAY
   also remains MAY.

* Section 1.1 :
   ** s/but is is/but it is
   ** Should this be modified to use normative language?
      OLD:
         It is suggested that the minimum secure hashing function that should
   be used for key exchange methods is SHA2-256.
      NEW:
         It is RECOMMENDED that SHA2-256 SHOULD be used as the minimum secure
         hashing for the key exchange methods.

* Section 3: Can we stick to one way of referencing the same document? either
"this memo" or "this document"? we have three paragraphs referencing the same
in three different ways.