Subject: [Curdle] RFC 9142 on Key Exchange (KEX) Method Updates and Recommendations for Secure Shell (SSH)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 21:36:18 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9142

        Title:      Key Exchange (KEX) Method Updates 
                    and Recommendations for Secure Shell (SSH) 
        Author:     M. Baushke
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Updates:    RFC 4250, RFC 4253, RFC 4432, RFC 4462

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-kex-sha2-20.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9142

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9142

This document updates the recommended set of key exchange methods for
use in the Secure Shell (SSH) protocol to meet evolving needs for
stronger security.  It updates RFCs 4250, 4253, 4432, and 4462.

This document is a product of the CURves, Deprecating and a Little more Encryption Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: denis bider <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 03:31:29 -0600

Nice! Congrats, Mark! :-)

Thanks for the perseverance on this one!

On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 11:36 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Curdle mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/curdle

---

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 08:57:39 -0500

A big thanks to Mark and all that contributed to this publication!
Yours,
Daniel

-- 
Daniel Migault
Ericsson