Subject: [cuss] I-D Action:draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 07:15:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Call Control UUI Service for SIP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Mechanism for Transporting User to User Call Control Information in SIP
	Author(s)       : A. Johnston, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-02-07

There is a need for applications using SIP to exchange User to User
Information (UUI) data during session establishment.  This
information, known as call control UUI, is a small piece of data
inserted by an application initiating the session, and utilized by an
application accepting the session.  This data is opaque to SIP and
its function is unrelated to any basic SIP function.  This document
defines a new SIP header field, User-to-User, to transport UUI, along
with an extension mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 09:19:08 -0600

All,

This version is similar to the last draft, but I have moved all the
discussion about other mechanisms and INFO to an Appendix.  I did this
mainly just for archiving.  Unless someone objects, I will remove it
from the next version.

I also have three open issues that I will start separate threads on the list.

As always, comments are most welcome.

- Alan -

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 9:15 AM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> cuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cuss
>
>