Subject: [cuss] Requirements Issue Discussion from IETF-81

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 13:52:22 -0500

All,

I have posted a new version of the requirements draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-reqs-04.

There were two issues that were discussed in the meeting at IETF-81
that I wanted to confirm on the list.

The first issue was carrying UUI in SIP failure responses
(4xx/5xx/6xx).  The consensus of the room in Quebec was that there was
no use case for this and no requirement.

The other issue was whether we had a requirement to tag UUI as DSS1 or
QSIG or ISUP.  The consensus of the room in Quebec was that all UUI in
the PSTN is actually ISDN, and it is transported transparently in
other protocols.  As such, we have no requirement for this.

If anyone disagrees with any of these issues they should post to the
list immediately.

- Alan -

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 15:13:56 -0500

Folks: If anyone has feedback related to what Alan writes below,
please post it as soon as possible.

I will like to request Alan to release a new version no later
than Wednesday the latest to accommodate any feedback.  If we are
to keep our schedule of sending the requirement draft to IESG
by the end of this month, we need to meet these deadlines.

Thank you.

On 08/11/2011 01:52 PM, Alan Johnston wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> cuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cuss

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)
Email: vkg@{bell-labs.com,acm.org} / [email-masked]
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/