Subject: [cuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 16:27:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Call Control UUI Service for SIP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Interworking ISDN Call Control User Information with SIP
	Author(s)       : Keith Drage
                          Alan Johnston
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   The motivation and use cases for interworking and transporting ITU-T
   DSS1 User-user information element data in SIP are described in the
   &quot;Problem Statement and Requirements for Transporting User to User
   Call Control Information in SIP&quot; document.  As networks move to SIP
   it is important that applications requiring this data can continue to
   function in SIP networks as well as the ability to interwork with
   this ISDN service for end-to- end transparency.  This document
   defines a usage of the User-to-User header field to enable
   interworking with this ISDN service.

   This document covers the interworking with both public ISDN and
   private ISDN capabilities, so the potential interworking with QSIG
   will also be addressed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-01.txt

---

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 00:32:52 +0100

I've updated the UUI package draft for the ISDN interworking.

I don't believe I've changed anything technically, this is more about identified clarifications arising from the interim meeting a couple of weeks ago.

The detailed list of changes is as follows:

      QSIG does not define a UUS service.  As such changes are made to
      indicate that it is possible to support a proprietary service on
      QSIG based on the public ISDN standards, and interworking with
      such proprietary versions is supported.  The associated
      contributors note regarding interactions with other QSIG services
      has therefore been removed with this amendment.

      Added additional paragraph above the objectives of the
      interworking design.

      Made clear that the 128 octets apply before encoding in "hex".
      Reference added to the generic UUI document for the ecoding of
      "hex".

      Indicated that it is the "content" header field parameter set to
      "isdn-uui" that defines the structure of the uui-data, with the
      first octet being a protocol discriminator and the remaining
      octets potentially being limited to 128 octets.

      Aligned the IANA registration section with the registries created
      by the generic UUI document.

      Added reference to the generic UUI document to the security
      considerations section.

Although CUSS is not meeting at IETF#82, we are looking for a couple of reviewers to go through this with a fine tooth comb, to finally put it in a state for WGLC. Contact the chairs if willing.

Regards

Keith

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: 31 October 2011 23:27
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [cuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-01.txt
> 
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories. This draft is a work item of the Call Control UUI Service for
> SIP Working Group of the IETF.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> cuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cuss