Subject: [cuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 10:11:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Call Control UUI Service for SIP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Interworking ISDN Call Control User Information with SIP
	Author(s)       : Keith Drage
                          Alan Johnston
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-10-04

   The motivation and use cases for interworking and transporting ITU-T
   DSS1 User-user information element data in SIP are described in the
   &quot;Problem Statement and Requirements for Transporting User to User
   Call Control Information in SIP&quot; document.  As networks move to SIP
   it is important that applications requiring this data can continue to
   function in SIP networks as well as the ability to interwork with
   this ISDN service for end-to- end transparency.  This document
   defines a usage of the User-to-User header field to enable
   interworking with this ISDN service.

   This document is covers the interworking with both public ISDN and
   private ISDN capabilities, so the interworking with QSIG will also be
   addressed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-00.txt

---

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 20:21:24 +0200

I've just submitted the working group version of this document, and the WG chairs have approved it for posting.

Changes from the author draft, already identified to the list are as follows:

      Removed overburdening of the word "application".  Changed the name
      of the "app" header field parameter in the mechanism draft to
      "package" header field parameter.  This had a consequential impact
      on the ISDN document.  The word "application" is now solely
      reserved for the name of the functionality that passes the UUI to
      the SIP functionality to send, and to which the UUI is delivered
      on receipt by the SIP functionality.  As well as the change of the
      name of the header field parameter, this resulted in a number of
      instances of the word "application" becoming "package".  A couple
      of instances relating to the coding of the "content" header field
      parameter have become "SIP entity".

      Section 5 needed substantial rewording as it no longer applied in
      this manner.  Modified the text to indicate that if one wants to
      use an enhanced UUI where both endpoints are SIP, but still work
      with the ISDN, then one will have to same information using two
      different packages, one the ISDN one, and the other some enhanced
      package.

      In section 8, a couple of requirements relating to the "content"
      header field parameter really related to the "package" header
      field parameter (formerly "app" header field parameter).  These
      are corrected.

      Updated references from "draft-johnston-cuss-sip-uui" to
      "draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui".

      Made clear throughout the document that the UUI payload is a
      protocol discriminator plus 128 octets of data.

      Made clearer that it is the initial INVITE request and responses
      and the BYE request and responses only that carry the information
      in this package.

      Made clear that there are no normative requirements on the
      protocol discriminator.  In particular text is added to the end of
      section 9.

      Removed the following text from section 7, as it is a duplicate of
      the text in section 9:

      " When sending UUI, the sending application MUST include a
      protocol discriminator octet, conforming to table 4-26 of ITU-T
      Recommendation Q.931 [Q931] as the first octet of the payload
      information."

      Defined a media feature tag specific for the package.  It has been
      proposed to do this for all packages. "sip.uui-isdn" has been
      added.

      Corrected the short title for the draft.

Any comments and discussion gratefully received.

Regards

Keith

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: 04 October 2011 18:11
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [cuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-00.txt
> 
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories. This draft is a work item of the Call Control UUI Service for
> SIP Working Group of the IETF.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> cuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cuss