Subject: [cuss] Last Call: <draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-08.txt> (Interworking ISDN Call Control User Information with SIP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 04:57:39 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Call Control UUI Service for SIP
WG (cuss) to consider the following document:
- 'Interworking ISDN Call Control User Information with SIP'
  <draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-05-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The motivation and use cases for interworking and transporting ITU-T
   DSS1 User-user information element data in SIP are described in the
   "Problem Statement and Requirements for Transporting User to User
   Call Control Information in SIP" document.  As networks move to SIP
   it is important that applications requiring this data can continue to
   function in SIP networks as well as the ability to interwork with
   this ISDN service for end-to-end transparency.  This document defines
   a usage (a new package) of the User-to-User header field to enable
   interworking with this ISDN service.

   This document covers the interworking with both public ISDN and
   private ISDN capabilities, so the potential interworking with QSIG
   will also be addressed.

   The package is identified by a new value "isdn-uui" of the "purpose"
   header field parameter.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.