Subject: [Dance] call for adoption issued for draft-huque-dane-client-cert

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 16:04:10 -0800

During IETF 112 the DANCE participants indicated
draft-huque-dane-client-cert was potentially ready for adoption.  I
started a 3-week call for adoption today, ending just before IETF 113.

We'd like to hear support for those in favor of adoption, and whether
you'll commit to participating in discussions about it and helping
review the document.

-- 
Wes Hardaker
USC/ISI

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 21:06:26 -0500 (EST)

> started a 3-week call for adoption today, ending just before IETF 113.

Similarly, I'm in favour of adoption for this document as well,
preferring the DANCE WG over TLS WG because the latter is less
interested in DANE related items.

Paul

---

From: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 23:32:46 -0500

I've read this draft and favor adoption. Will gladly review and offer
suggestions.

tim

On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 7:04 PM Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Dance mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dance
>

---

From: "Rose, Scott W." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 08:45:37 -0500

I support this draft being adopted by some WG so there enough eyes on 
it. I think there should be some review or coordination with the TLS WG, 
but if they don’t/can’t work on it, it should be done by DANCE.

Scott

On 24 Feb 2022, at 19:04, Wes Hardaker wrote:

> https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fdance&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cscott.rose%40nist.gov%7Cc1b379764860484a138608d9f7f26332%7C2ab5d82fd8fa4797a93e054655c61dec%7C1%7C0%7C637813442682815843%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=1aeBVneSoYrdzXd%2BzYfiJCoraMwds7RTzbpqQyyNfzo%3D&amp;reserved=0

=================
Scott Rose, NIST/CTL
[email-masked]
ph: +1-301-975-8439
GVoice: +1-571-249-3671

---

From: Bill Woodcock <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 16:05:36 +0100

> you'll commit to participating in discussions about it and helping

I would also like to see this document adopted, and will happily do whatever I can to help with it.

                                -Bill

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 11:40:51 -0500

I have re-read huque-dane-client-cert.
It should be adopted.

I think that the introduction is very weak; I think that more references and
integration with the to-be-adopted architecture document will solve that
problem.

I suggest we write "IoT" rather than "IOT"

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )
           Sandelman Software Works Inc, Ottawa and Worldwide