Subject: [dane] New I-D on Authenticating Raw Public Keys with DANE TLSA

From: John Gilmore <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 21:25:02 -0700

In an effort to nudge along the process of standardizing the use of
DANE with TLS's use of raw public keys, I have written a short
Internet-Draft that defines how these keys can be authenticated by using
TLSA records.

Name:		draft-gilmore-dane-rawkeys
Revision:	00
Title:		Authenticating Raw Public Keys with DANE TLSA
Document date:	2014-06-20
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		7
URL:      http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gilmore-dane-rawkeys-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gilmore-dane-rawkeys/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gilmore-dane-rawkeys-00
Abstract:
   This document standardizes how the Domain Name System can
   authenticate Raw Public Keys.  Transport Level Security now has the
   option to use Raw Public Keys, but they require some form of external
   authentication.  The document updates RFC 6698 to allow the Domain
   Name System to standardize the authentication of more types of keying
   material.

The TLS extension for raw public keys, which inspired this work, is
currently very late in the IETF publication process, but not quite
published, here:

  "Using Raw Public Keys in Transport Layer Security (TLS)
         and Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS)"
  https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc7250.txt

	John