Subject: [dane] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dane-ops-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 23:17:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Updates to and Operational Guidance for the DANE Protocol
        Authors         : Viktor Dukhovni
                          Wes Hardaker
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dane-ops-04.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2014-06-23

Abstract:
   This memo clarifies and updates the DANE TLSA protocol based on
   implementation experience since the publication of the original
   specification [RFC6698].  It also contains guidance for DANE
   implementers and operators.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-ops/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dane-ops-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dane-ops-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Viktor Dukhovni <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 06:23:47 +0000

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 11:17:02PM -0700, [email-masked] wrote:

>  This draft is a work item of the DNS-based Authentication of
> Named Entities Working Group of the IETF.
> 

This draft has been on the back-burner for a while, while work on
the SMTP draft took precedence.  Wes and I have returned our
attention to this document, which is now slated to be a standards-track
update to 6698.  Thus the -04 version is a substantial revision,
and very much still a work in progress, a first step on a new
journey.

If anyone reviewing the document would like to suggest edits, the best
mechanism is perhaps a pull-request at:

    https://github.com/vdukhovni/ietf.git

it would I think be useful for the DANE WG to have a more formal
git repository.  I believe the TLS WG has one now, and perhaps we
can follow their example.

-- 
	Viktor.