Subject: [dane] Fwd: New Version Notification - draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey-04.txt

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 16:42:32 -0400 (EDT)

I've updated draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey.

This version extends the description of the openpgp format used in the
RDATA section with contributions from dkg, which should address Petr's
concerns. It resolves the comments from Stephen Farrell's AD review
to remove some text from the introduction. It adds a note about caching
negative responses to avoid privacy leaks.

It also removes the text that said to lowercase the LHS, as instructed
by the chairs. No replacement text has been added to explain to
implementors how to deal with this very common case issue. I strongly
believe this issue should be addressed by the working group resulting
in text for the document that advises to implementors (be it to add
multiple OPENPGPKEY records, or to allow the client to do multiple
lookups)

Paul

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification - draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey-04.txt
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 13:32:27 -0700

A new version (-04) has been submitted for draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey-04.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey/

Diff from previous version:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

IETF Secretariat.

---

From: Jakob Schlyter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 08:20:38 +0200

> I've updated draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey.

... and the authors of draft-ietf-dane-smime has also updated to match the changes in draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey.

	jakob

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 13:52:14 +0100

Thanks Paul, and all who contributed to the discussion.

I've requested IETF LC for that.

I've two nits you might want to check as IETF LC comments.

1. section 3 2nd last para - is the example correct? I get a different
result but maybe I'm doing something wrong?

echo hugh | openssl sha256
(stdin)= 8414d7c25c8679970a3ee0fea584d43e4b05b3bef7ebfa35def9265bb165d47d

2. I-D nits complains [1] about a few references and I think is correct.
Good to fix at next opportunity.

Cheers,
S,

[]1
https://www.ietf.org/tools/idnits?url=https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey-04.txt

On 27/08/15 21:42, Paul Wouters wrote:
> To: [email-masked], [email-masked],
> [email-masked], [email-masked],
> [email-masked], [email-masked]
> _______________________________________________
> dane mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dane
>

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 09:03:25 -0400 (EDT)

> (stdin)= 8414d7c25c8679970a3ee0fea584d43e4b05b3bef7ebfa35def9265bb165d47d

That echo includes a newline, try:

  echo -n hugh | openssl sha256
(stdin)=
c93f1e400f26708f98cb19d936620da35eec8f72e57f9eec01c1afd64efa1583

> https://www.ietf.org/tools/idnits?url=https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey-04.txt

Thanks, I'll fix those and two more typoes that Peter Spacek spotted.

Paul