Subject: [dane] Protocol Action: 'Updates to and Operational Guidance for the DANE Protocol' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dane-ops-16.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 12:46:12 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Updates to and Operational Guidance for the DANE Protocol'
  (draft-ietf-dane-ops-16.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the DNS-based Authentication of Named
Entities Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stephen Farrell and Kathleen Moriarty.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-ops/

Technical Summary

   This document clarifies and updates the DNS-Based Authentication of
   Named Entities (DANE) TLSA specification (RFC6698) based on
   subsequent implementation experience.  It also contains guidance for
   implementers, operators and protocol developers who want to make use
   of DANE records.

Working Group Summary

This document received significant discussion, and reflects new
understanding of how DANE is being used and deployed. It provides advice to
operators and implementers.

Document Quality

This document describes how to actually use and interpret RFC 6698 now that
we have some experience with it. It is very clearly written, easily
understood, and makes a good introductory document as well.

Personnel

Warren Kumari is the Document Shepherd
Stephen Farrell is Responsible AD