Subject: [dane] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey-05.txt> (Using DANE to Associate OpenPGP public keys with email addresses) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 08:11:07 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the DNS-based Authentication of
Named Entities WG (dane) to consider the following document:
- 'Using DANE to Associate OpenPGP public keys with email addresses'
  <draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-09-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   OpenPGP is a message format for email (and file) encryption that
   lacks a standardized lookup mechanism to securely obtain OpenPGP
   public keys.  This document specifies a method for publishing and
   locating OpenPGP public keys in DNS for a specific email address
   using a new OPENPGPKEY DNS Resource Record.  Security is provided via
   DNSSEC.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.