Subject: [dane] Ben Campbell's Yes on draft-ietf-dane-ops-14: (with COMMENT)

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 20:45:40 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dane-ops-14: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-ops/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for this. I only have some editorial comments, and others have
beaten me to the punch on all save the following:

-- Section 8, first paragraph:

   This section updates [RFC6698] by specifying a requirement on the
   TLSA Publisher to ensure that each combination of Certificate Usage,
   selector and matching type in the server's TLSA RRset MUST include at
   least one record that matches the server's current certificate chain.

"Requirement on the ... publisher to ensure...that each combination...
MUST include..." is sort of an odd construction for a 2119 MUST.  Does
the following capture the intent?

NEW:
   This section updates [RFC6698] by specifying that the
   TLSA Publisher MUST ensure that each combination of Certificate
Usage,
   selector and matching type in the server's TLSA RRset includes at
   least one record that matches the server's current certificate chain.
END

---

From: Viktor Dukhovni <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 03:57:46 +0000

On Tue, Aug 04, 2015 at 08:45:40PM -0700, Ben Campbell wrote:

>    Usage, selector and matching type in the server's TLSA RRset includes at

Yes.  Thanks.

-- 
	Viktor.

---

From: Viktor Dukhovni <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 05:23:52 +0000

> >    least one record that matches the server's current certificate chain.

All suggestions received so far are I believe merged.

Preview of -15 changes at:

    https://github.com/vdukhovni/ietf/compare/master~2...master?diff=unified&name=master

I'm ready to push -15 when advised to proceed.

-- 
	Viktor.