Subject: Re: [Detnet] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on charter-ietf-detnet-00-00: (with COMMENT)

From: "BRUNGARD, DEBORAH A" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 20:39:05 +0000

Hi Alvaro,

The text from the BoF (slide 9) did have much more detail:
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/93/slides/slides-93-detnet-3.pdf

How about we add it (with a few tweaks to smooth the wording)? Does this help to clarify?

WG deliverables will include:
 (as standard track or informational RFCs)
 o Overall architecture
 o Data plane specification
 o Data flow information model
 o YANG model augmentations

WG sustaining/informational documents may include:
    (These documents will not necessarily be published, but may be
     maintained in a draft form or on a collaborative Working Group wiki
     to support the efforts of the Working Group and help new comers):
 o Problem statement and (constrained) deployment environments
 o User-driven use cases

Thanks,
Deborah

-----Original Message-----
From: iesg [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Alvaro Retana
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2015 10:22 AM
To: The IESG
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Alvaro Retana's No Objection on charter-ietf-detnet-00-00: (with COMMENT)

Alvaro Retana has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-detnet-00-00: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-detnet/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The list of chartered work includes "As needed, problem
statement…[and]…vertical requirements.”

I thought those items/documents were discussed at the BoF and were really
the basis for knowing what the WG would work on.  IOW, I don’t think the
WG should be chartered to produce problem statement and requirements
documents.  I liked a lot more the text from the BoF [1] that called them
WG sustaining documents and said: "These documents will not necessarily
be published, but may be maintained in a draft form or on a collaborative
Working Group wiki to support the efforts of the Working Group and help
new comers”.

[1] http://trac.tools.ietf.org/bof/trac/wiki/DetNet

---

From: "Alvaro Retana (aretana)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 20:41:14 +0000

On 9/2/15, 4:39 PM, "BRUNGARD, DEBORAH A" <[email-masked]> wrote:

Hi!

>How about we add it (with a few tweaks to smooth the wording)? Does this

That would work for me.

Thanks!

Alvaro.

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 16:49:05 -0400

Done, see.
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/bof/trac/wiki/DetNetDraftCharter

Lou

On 9/2/2015 4:41 PM, Alvaro Retana (aretana) wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> detnet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/detnet
>

---

From: "Alvaro Retana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2015 07:21:33 -0700