Subject: [Detnet] The detnet design team calls

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 08:50:56 +0100

Are the Detnet dataplane DT calls open to any participant, or are they 
closed to the design team with reporting to the WG after the meeting?

Stewart

---

From: "Jouni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 12:06:43 +0300

Stewart,

Calls _were_ within the DT.. but no more calls unless there is a compelling desire to prolong the "DT style" work.

- Jouni

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Stewart Bryant [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 10:51 AM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: The detnet design team calls
>

---

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 13:05:49 +0100

Jouni

The DT should have been shut down at the last IETF and the design 
process taken into the WG at that stage.

Closed DTs are exclusionary and not the mode of operation that the IETF 
should use other than for short periods and then under exceptional 
circumstances.

- Stewart

---

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 13:16:08 +0100

Why not close it now so that all discussion takes place openly on the list?

Stewart

On 20/07/2017 13:14, Lou Berger wrote:
> Stewart,
>
>      Please reread BCP 25 section 6.5.  Also, the intent has/remains to
> formally close the DT once we have a Data Plane Solution documented in a
> -00 WG draft.
>
> Lou
>
>
> On 7/20/2017 2:05 PM, Stewart Bryant wrote:
>> Jouni
>>

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 14:31:50 +0200

Stewart,

    I think you are talking disjoint  points, and has nothing to do with
the DT. 

The content of an individual draft is *always* controlled by the
individuals.

The content of a WG document is *always* controlled by the WG.
Although, authors/editors certainly have significant latitude in how
they gauge/establish WG consensus.

In this case, the WG is requesting changes from the individuals  in
their draft.  If they choose not to include the changes, we can choose
to not adopt or object to its adoption.

Lou

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 14:14:22 +0200

Stewart,

Lou