Subject: [Detnet] small suggestion and Q for draft-ietf-detnet-bounded-latency

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 15:37:59 +0200

Very nice work, managed to find just a bit of time so far to read some parts. 

a)

one suggestion for the text:

In section 6.5, it would be nice to add a reference such as:

For further details about this section, see [NetCalBook], section 2.2,
especially figure on page 24.

Poor me was trying to find the descriptions in this section from
rfc2212, but that wasn't a good idea ;-)

b)

As much as i am a fan of ASCII art for some things such as
protocol header visualization, i don't think i will ever be a fan
of formulas as complex as the ones in this document in ASCII.

Not wanting to create work for the authors, so just theoretical:
What would be the easiest tool chain to create a version of the 
draft with graphical formulas ? Has anyone ever tried to do that ?
I fear it might not work at all if the formula is inline in the
text,  because in RFC XML i am not aware about inline graphics
objects... ?

This work maybe easier to do in something like MS word then for an
easier to read output... ?

(again, just theoretical, interested in tool chain insights, no ask
 to "nicefy" the doc.)

Cheers
    Toerless