Subject: [Detnet] YANG Model Call Meeting Minutes for 20200601

From: "Gengxuesong (Geng Xuesong)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 13:16:04 +0000

Hi WG,

At this stage, we have two yang models and we are trying to summarize the differences between them. We will list some principle to help the WG to make a choice or do the combination.
Here is the conclusion for today's discussion:

1.      How to organize the model: multiple small boxes or single big box? We could have multiple small boxes which could be combined flexibly for different cases or we could have one big box which could cover all the cases at once. (This is still under discussion)

2.      Make sure that there is no duplicated information which will be configured in different places in the YANG model

3.      Make sure that all the cases in the data plane document are covered and no new case is created.
What is the plan for the next call meeting? Take one example as baseline:

?   Application: IP flow

?   DetNet Domain: MPLS service sub-layer and MPLS forwarding sub-layer

?   Topology: Ingress node/Egress node/replication relay node/elimination relay node/transit node should be included

Best Regards
Xuesong

---

From: "Don Fedyk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 20:22:42 -0400

I have pushed a configuration example for the detnet-model I propose.  I
will working on putting this in xml format.  And providing another
configuration example for egress and a relay node.  

https://github.com/detnet-wg/draft-ietf-detnet-yang/issues/13

This uses yanglint. 

Cheers
Don

From: detnet <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Gengxuesong (Geng
Xuesong)
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2020 9:16 AM
To: 'DetNet WG' <[email-masked]>
Cc: Don Fedyk <[email-masked]>; Jeong-dong Ryoo <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked]; 'DetNet Chairs' <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Detnet] YANG Model Call Meeting Minutes for 20200601

Hi WG,

At this stage, we have two yang models and we are trying to summarize the
differences between them. We will list some principle to help the WG to make
a choice or do the combination.

1.      How to organize the model: multiple small boxes or single big box?
We could have multiple small boxes which could be combined flexibly for
different cases or we could have one big box which could cover all the cases
at once. (This is still under discussion)

2.      Make sure that there is no duplicated information which will be
configured in different places in the YANG model

3.      Make sure that all the cases in the data plane document are covered
and no new case is created.

*   Application: IP flow

*   DetNet Domain: MPLS service sub-layer and MPLS forwarding sub-layer

*   Topology: Ingress node/Egress node/replication relay node/elimination
relay node/transit node should be included

Best Regards

Xuesong

---

From: "Don Fedyk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 01:33:07 -0400

I have pushed the  xml draft content:
https://github.com/detnet-wg/draft-ietf-detnet-yang/issues/13

Included:

*        Alternative YANG model

*        Alternative yang tree (wrapping lines @72 chars)

*        Two configuration examples in xml both validated with yanglint.

The exercise of configuring the model has cause me to change the model a bit
due to bugs/inconsistencies.  

I find the json config the easiest to read, but the xml format easier to
code: 

$ yanglint

> load ietf-detnet-configa

> data  -t config   -f json test-detnet-edge-ingress.xml

{

  "ietf-detnet-configa:detnet": {

    "applications": {

      "app-list": [

        {

          "name": "app1",

          "app-flow-bidir-congruent": false

        }

      ],

      "app-ingress": [

        {

          "name": "port1",

          "ip": {

            "source": "1.1.1.1/32",

            "destination": "2.2.2.2/32",

            "protocol-next": 6,

            "dscp": [

              40

            ]

          }

        }

      ]

    },

    "services": {

      "service-list": [

        {

          "name": "ssl1",

          "service-rank": 10,

          "outbound": {

            "forward-sublayer-output": [

              "fsl1"

            ],

            "sequence_number_length": 0,

            "application-input": [

              {

                "name": "app1",

                "mpls-service-label": 55555

              }

            ],

            "traffic-requirements": {

              "min-bandwidth": "100000000",

              "max-latency": 10000000,

              "max-latency-variation": 2000000,

              "max-loss": 2,

              "max-consecutive-loss-tolerance": 5,

              "max-misordering": 0

            },

            "traffic-specification": {

              "interval": 5,

              "max-packets-per-interval": "10",

              "max-payload-size": 1500

            }

          }

        }

      ]

    },

    "fwd-sub-layer-output": [

      {

        "name": "fsl1",

        "next-hop": {

          "next-hop": [

            {

              "hop-index": 1,

              "mpls-label-stack": {

                "entry": [

                  {

                    "id": 1,

                    "label": 42,

                    "traffic-class": 5

                  }

                ]

              }

            }

          ]

        }

      }

    ]

  }

}

Regards

Don 

From: Don Fedyk <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Tuesday, June 2, 2020 8:23 PM
To: 'Gengxuesong (Geng Xuesong)' <[email-masked]>; 'DetNet WG'
<[email-masked]>
Cc: 'Jeong-dong Ryoo' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]'
<[email-masked]>; 'DetNet Chairs' <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: [Detnet] YANG Model Call Meeting Minutes for 20200601

This uses yanglint. 

Cheers
Don

From: detnet <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> > On
Behalf Of Gengxuesong (Geng Xuesong)
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2020 9:16 AM
To: 'DetNet WG' <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Cc: Don Fedyk <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Jeong-dong Ryoo
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> ; 'DetNet Chairs' <[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> >
Subject: [Detnet] YANG Model Call Meeting Minutes for 20200601

Hi WG,

*   Application: IP flow

Best Regards

Xuesong

---

From: 유연철 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2020 20:06:09 +0900 (KST)

Hi WG,

I have pushed a configuration example and the simplified MPLS based current YANG tree(do not include aggregation).&nbsp;
&nbsp;
https://github.com/detnet-wg/draft-ietf-detnet-yang/issues/14 https://github.com/detnet-wg/draft-ietf-detnet-yang/issues/14
&nbsp;
Best Regards
Yeoncheol
&nbsp;

-----Original Message-----
From: "Gengxuesong (Geng Xuesong)" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;
To: "'DetNet WG'" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;;
Cc: "Don Fedyk" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; "Jeong-dong Ryoo" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; "[email-masked]" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; "'DetNet Chairs'" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;;
Sent: 2020-06-01 (월) 22:32:13 (UTC+09:00)
Subject: [Detnet] YANG Model Call Meeting Minutes for 20200601

Hi WG,
&nbsp;
At this stage, we have two yang models and we are trying to summarize the differences between them. We will list some principle to help the WG to make a choice or do the combination.
Here is the conclusion for today’s discussion:
1..&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;How to organize the model: multiple small boxes or single big box? We could have multiple small boxes which could be combined flexibly for different cases or we could have one big box which could cover all the cases at once. (This is still under discussion)
2..&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;Make sure that there is no duplicated information which will be configured in different places in the YANG model
3..&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;Make sure that all the cases in the data plane document are covered and no new case is created.
What is the plan for the next call meeting? Take one example as baseline:
Ÿ&nbsp; &nbsp;Application: IP flow
Ÿ&nbsp; &nbsp;DetNet Domain: MPLS service sub-layer and MPLS forwarding sub-layer
Ÿ&nbsp; &nbsp;Topology: Ingress node/Egress node/replication relay node/elimination relay node/transit node should be included
&nbsp;
Best Regards
Xuesong
&nbsp;

_______________________________________________ detnet mailing list [email-masked] https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/detnet