Subject: [Detnet] Last Call: <draft-ietf-detnet-bounded-latency-08.txt> (DetNet Bounded Latency) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 14:36:53 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Deterministic Networking WG (detnet)
to consider the following document: - 'DetNet Bounded Latency'
  <draft-ietf-detnet-bounded-latency-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2022-02-08. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document references specific queuing mechanisms, defined in
   other documents, that can be used to control packet transmission at
   each output port and achieve the DetNet qualities of service.  This
   document presents a timing model for sources, destinations, and the
   DetNet transit nodes that relay packets that is applicable to all of
   those referenced queuing mechanisms.  Using the model presented in
   this document, it is possible for an implementor, user, or standards
   development organization to select a particular set of queuing
   mechanisms for each device in a DetNet network, and to select a
   resource reservation algorithm for that network, so that those
   elements can work together to provide the DetNet service.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-bounded-latency/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/4581/